Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Hey, Phil...

I'll start an interest feeler thread on this if you're willing to scout out the car show. I've got a little excitement going over on the Sky forum. Another idea was to parade south down lake shore drive to Rt. 66 and then run it. So we could definitely do a 2 day weekend thing and pull in cars from neighboring states!

Once I hear from you, I'll start the threads on both forums. It's cold out and there's nothing to do but start planning for next year!! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
sounds like an excellent idea.
during the summer i run and promote shows in the north and west burbs.
i do have some big shows that i think everyone would enjoy.
glenview chamber of commerce show, hills hobby and collectables in park ridge and sisterfest in des plaines.
i also like the idea of a rt 66 run

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
sounds like an excellent idea.
during the summer i run and promote shows in the north and west burbs.
i do have some big shows that i think everyone would enjoy.
glenview chamber of commerce show, hills hobby and collectables in park ridge and sisterfest in des plaines.
i also like the idea of a rt 66 run
Alright...we're gonna post this. There might be some more action about Chicago in another thread. Rick from Tinley is all about this, so we've got ChicagolandRoadster interest. Just trying to get a little wee bit more. I'll post in a bit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey don't forget we are having a indoor Cobalt/Solstice show this Saturday at CrateEngineDepot (Lattof Chevrolet) in Arlington Heights. This is an indoor show and I will have a wash bay open for a last min wash job.
(if we get more snow this Sat I will probably reschedule the meet).
I am also planning on attending the meeting on the 17th, I am excited to help out with the club and gatherings.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
The Chicago Summer 2008 Event is on like Donkey Kong. 8 interested parties so far and they're coming in from as far away as DE. Right near the plant!! :willy:

We just need a date and we can start planning this thing out. We might need the planning time!

We're up to 12 and it's been what...30 minutes...maybe!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
excellent. like i said,i do some shows in the summer. first one in june in park ridge at hills hobby shop. besides the regular trophies we have best kappa and cash.
glenview chamber show saturn of glenview sponsors best sports car,trophy and 100 cash
sisterfest in des plaines,kappa class with cash

·
Registered
279 Posts
excellent. like i said,i do some shows in the summer. first one in june in park ridge at hills hobby shop. besides the regular trophies we have best kappa and cash.
glenview chamber show saturn of glenview sponsors best sports car,trophy and 100 cash
Kewl, opps forgetting my age.. i mean cool, i need to get those dates etc, I'd like to attend what ever i can.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
If we do June, we're competing with the Summer Solstice Events the weekend of June 21st. Although early June might not be terrible.

I'm thinking July or August. Yes, no maybe?

We have 14 interested in a Chicago Summer 2008 regional event. And it's only been a few hours and...only a couple of my Central IL crowd has checked in. 20-30 might be low! Let's hope so!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody count me in. Just picked up my GXP end of Oct, it would be great to meet some of you, have been trolling the forum for a while.

Dave

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
we'll keep everyone updated as to the status and when and where.
i think this will be a great way to get everyone together and have some fun

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
we'll keep everyone updated as to the status and when and where.
i think this will be a great way to get everyone together and have some fun
Speaking of...looks like mid July to early August would be the best time frame. What do you think on that? I figured it's probably the best timeframe for a big show. If you agree, we need you to dig up something big we can attend during that time. Find it and we're basing our date upon that.

Next steps will be to find lodging, food, etc. I'm thinking maybe a nice get-together Friday night for those who come in early. Then if the car show is Saturday, I'll think up some sort run or activity for those who are restless for car stuff during the day. Then car show that evening (I'm assuming here.) We can adjust things around the show schedule. Dinner or BBQ somewhere after the show. Sunday we'd do the Rt. 66 with a stop at the Rt. 66 museum in Pontiac. We could eat in Bloomington if the timing works out and then send everyone on their way.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. We need to give people plenty of options for things to do as a group. Especially some socializing time. We will have some of that at the show, but many will want to meander around and check out the other cars.

Let me know your thoughts. I'll see Rick on Saturday and we'll do some planning there.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Speaking of...looks like mid July to early August would be the best time frame. What do you think on that? I figured it's probably the best timeframe for a big show. If you agree, we need you to dig up something big we can attend during that time. Find it and we're basing our date upon that.

Next steps will be to find lodging, food, etc. I'm thinking maybe a nice get-together Friday night for those who come in early. Then if the car show is Saturday, I'll think up some sort run or activity for those who are restless for car stuff during the day. Then car show that evening (I'm assuming here.) We can adjust things around the show schedule. Dinner or BBQ somewhere after the show. Sunday we'd do the Rt. 66 with a stop at the Rt. 66 museum in Pontiac. We could eat in Bloomington if the timing works out and then send everyone on their way.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. We need to give people plenty of options for things to do as a group. Especially some socializing time. We will have some of that at the show, but many will want to meander around and check out the other cars.

Let me know your thoughts. I'll see Rick on Saturday and we'll do some planning there.
If i can make it, it all sounds great to me! I don't mind on friday we sit around and pop corks or tops and have some fun for the evening. :lol: (Really all kidding aside from that other thread) I would not mind hanging around and having drinks and food that night. Could be fun. Maybe too much fun.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
If i can make it, it all sounds great to me! I don't mind on friday we sit around and pop corks or tops and have some fun for the evening. :lol: (Really all kidding aside from that other thread) I would not mind hanging around and having drinks and food that night. Could be fun. Maybe too much fun.
Oh that stuff is always the best. Just havin fun!! Meet n greet!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
We have 20 and it's only Day 2!!! :willy:

What about the couple of people posting on this thread? Are you guys talking about the summer event or the regularly scheduled meeting?

Please post in the following thread if you're interested in the summer event weekend and I'll add you to the list:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40783

Thanks!! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
just a reminder about our next meeting december 17 7pm steak n shake glenview
also our winter series car shows will begin in january.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
just a reminder about our next meeting december 17 7pm steak n shake glenview
also our winter series car shows will begin in january.
Hey Phil - How did this go?!? I need to get with you regarding summer show dates so we can nail down a weekend for Chicago! This thing is getting big...39 interested Kappas!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
:agree: :yay: :dthumbs:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts