Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big THANK YOU to 2late (Bob & Cheryl) for putting together the following information for an upcooming CLR event.

Concept Haulers Motor Speedway in Norway, Ill. would be happy to have the club out for a race day. The cost is $105.00 per driver +$10.00 kart insurance per driver for a total of $115.00 per driver. A deposit of 1/3 is required at the time of scheduling. They provide helmets, neck braces, coveralls and the karts. Participants are required to have close-toed shoes and pants like jeans or khakis. Typically there would be a 15 minute practice for each driver followed by two heats and then a final race. All laps are timed and there is a final print out after the race. Usually this takes about 2 hours. If we had more drivers we would have the track for a longer period of time.

The karts are Italian made racing karts and top 60 mph.

They have league racing on Friday nights and some Saturday race days are scheduled. Sunday afternoons are open practice for karters. Sunday mornings are pretty open and maybe we would want to do that and then gather for lunch or brunch somewhere, perhaps Starved Rock Lodge. Or an available Saturday afternoon would allow us more time depending on how many participants.

Let's see how many might be interested and then we can plan from that point.

So what do you think? Sounds like fun! ALL KAPPAS INVITED! Post here expressing you interest and the number of drivers that would be participating.:driving:

Link to the raceway: http://www.concepthaulersmotorspeedway.com/

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I know exactly where this is! It's right off 71 on the west side just as you come into Norway from the north.

If I'm around when you do this, I'd love to get in on this! I've seen this track on race day and it's really cool!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts