Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 GXP with all the bells (literally) and whistles. Lately, since returning from NASSM, I notice that when I am slowing down for a stop sign or stop light, I get a 'warning' sound of four chimes. ("Ding, ding, ding, ding".) I have yet to see any accompanying message on my DIC. It's done it with TCS engaged or not. And, it happens at speeds so low that ABS or ESC are not at risk of being engaged.

A quick look-see at my brakes (without removing the wheels) shows nothing out of the ordinary. I find nothing in the owner's manual about it.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Make sure your antifreeze level is up to mark

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll go check it now.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Handbrake not fully off (or faulty handbrake switch)?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
That's the "fasten seatbelt" chime - same stuff you hear in an airliner. Means you're about to take off. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's the "fasten seatbelt" chime - same stuff you hear in an airliner. Means you're about to take off. :lol:
:agree: This is my vote too. I have a friend that rides with me and never fastens........this is what it does. Perhaps the latching mechanism is faulty. Maybe spray inside with some electrical contact cleaner? I'm just guessing.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Carpe Diem. Did you ever find your problem?

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carpe Diem. Did you ever find your problem?
Not yet. We've been entertaining all weekend and I haven't had a chance to even think about it yet. Today probably.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, I hear the 4 dings all the time. just about every day. Mine flashes the radiator light though which is due to the t-stat problem which I haven't fixed yet. that's weird that you don't see a light. Mine does it but usually goes off right away. Mike may be on to something suggesting the coolant level. I'd take it to the autoparts store and have them see if any codes pop up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look at the passenger air bag light next time it does the dinging. In my other GM vehicle, if I set my iPad on the passenger seat just right it triggers the switch in the seat that makes the airbag arm, but the seat belt is not plugged in and I get the 4 dings.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
My car did exactly like your talking before I headed to Flagstaff. Stopping it would ding and actually the rad flashlight would blink on. I checked the fluid level in the radiator reservoir and added some anti freeze. I have had no issues since and that would be about 5000 miles and traveling with you on the Devils Highway.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
WP time Mike?????

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Don't think so Ghost. Been fine since before heading to Flagstaff and temp was fine even in the 100 plus heat in AZ. I think the only problem ihaceis the service airbag issue.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Sealed system, so that coolant went somewhere Mike. (I'll start the countdown until you join the waterpump club!) Hope I'm wrong though!

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Mine did this after I had a flush & full at the dealer. I assumed they didn't fill properly and didn't feel like driving the 25 miles to have them too off.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
That makes sense. (It's sad that a dealer would do that, but it makes sense.) Motor on!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey there,

We always want to hear that you have the best experience possible at the dealership. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad expereince. I am interested in hearing the details about your visit. Please private message me.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Jennifer. I'm not upset with my dealer and was no big deal to add a little antifreeze Now I am upset that my Service Airbag light is on and would like you to work on getting this issue as a recall. Taking to dealer for estimate tomorrow.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Jennifer. I'm not upset with my dealer and was no big deal to add a little antifreeze Now I am upset that my Service Airbag light is on and would like you to work on getting this issue as a recall. Taking to dealer for estimate tomorrow.
Hello Mike,

I am happy to hear that you are not upset with your dealership. I did receive you private message and was able to respond.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 20 of 21 Posts