Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up #244 a couple days ago, and have been having a very good time zipping around. I have noticed that the parts of the silver band directly adjacent, and in front, of the trunk lid both have chips in them. These are the little rectangles that flip up when you put the top up. I suspect this is a design flaw, and may occur on many of the cars. I am asking if anyone else has seen these. You have to look pretty closely when the top is down, they are about 1/4 inch each. If it is a design flaw, I will just live with it. On the other hand, if nobody else has observed this, I will take it into my dealer for repair. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Either way I would take it to the dealer for repair. If they can't fix it at least they had a chance....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
pictures would be helpful

:yesnod:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Contact?

I put the top up a few times to see, but there doesn't seem to be any contact. However the fact that the chip is the same on both sides of the car, at exactly the same place, makes me think somthing must be rubbing.

I am not too concerned (Sharp eyes grandma?), but if it is hitting something, it might get worse. I haven't seen anyone else report this.

I will look again this weekend in daylight and see if I can figure anything out.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
giranda said:
I put the top up a few times to see, but there doesn't seem to be any contact. However the fact that the chip is the same on both sides of the car, at exactly the same place, makes me think somthing must be rubbing.

I am not too concerned (Sharp eyes grandma?), but if it is hitting something, it might get worse. I haven't seen anyone else report this.

I will look again this weekend in daylight and see if I can figure anything out.
I know it's big eyes in the book (Little Red Riding Hood), but I thought it would work. :D

I wonder if it was that way at the factory and then they adjusted the rear deck lid and shipped it? Hope it all works out for ya.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've noted the same problem on my car but didn't think too much of it until now...I only have this behind the drivers side.

·
Registered
275 Posts
To tell you the truth, I strongly believe that the strip should be body
colored and would take the opportunity to have it painted to match the body.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Color coding.

Kingarhtur,

I kinda was on the fence regarding color matching, but so far every comment I have had on the car (4 days old), is that everyone loves the silver on the rear deck and around the windshield. It is growing on me also.

I have to say I was disappointed with the two-tone a little. I think if the plastic panels were the same color as the Steel of the leather, it would look great. As it is it is a little washed out. The door panels almost look light blue.

On the plus side, the dash is great (with the exeption of the air-bag light). I really like the control placement.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chips attributed to misaligned Top

We have the same issue, but only on the passenger side. Took it into the dealer and it's the top that is hitting it. The top isn't aligned correctly and will need to be fixed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts