Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some HELP
My “Negrita” Solstice GXP 2009 whit automatic transmission is doing strange!!
When I step on the gas pedal accelerating over 45 Mph the engine does like it’s
chocking in her air or gas and after that I have to turn down the engine for approximate
3 minute, start it again and as long I stay under 45 Mph it’s ok.

But you all know some time (most of it) we love to speed things up.

Some of you had this experience or what can cause this behavior?

Thanks and have a nice weekend:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Sounds like the ECM is putting the car in limp mode. Could be a number of things. First step is to read any OBD codes and post them here so we can track it down.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does the transmission feel like its kicking down to a lower gear if not maybe you need to have it scanned to see what's happening there. Or possibly your fuel pump could be going therefore not getting the recommended fuel pressure needed in the higher rpm's,have the fuel pressure checked.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
"Codes first you must take. Debug later you shall." -Yoda

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
You need to listen to what TomatoSoup is telling you, otherwise until then they are just opinions with no facts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can get a code reader pretty cheap from local auto parts store ,if you dont already have one.The folks here have helped me alot!!
I had intercooler damaged that put me in limp mode.Buy the code reader,and plug in under steering wheel.
I didnt know where to plug in at :huh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I will let it scan for the codes this week and let you know
Thanx so far.

PS. KappaKadet, Curacao is an Island next to Aruba

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Nice place, we sell parts to schulmberger in your area. we go to the UK a few times a year but I haven't been able to set up a visit to Curacao yet. Enjoy the weather.

Charlie

·
Super Moderator
16,601 Posts
The symptoms you describe could be a result of a number of different problems. Starting with simply checking all the clamps, to you have a failing high pressure fuel pump. It would be not a good thing for us to just start sending you off checking all kinds of potential issues when if we had the specific codes that are showing up were known. They would give us a place to start in making recommendations.:thumbs:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Shadow has had the same problem the past two weeks. Happens most often when restarting the car when its still hot. Sometimes happens at stoplights or while driving slowly.
Had a guy check my car with his code reader. After clearing all the old codes out he restarted the car and got the following codes in the first four minutes:
P0011, 100, 103, 113, 114, 2101, and 2119.
He suggests that it might be an electrical problem that is screwing with the sensors, and not the sensors themselves. Tried searching the website for this but found nothing.

Anyone have their thoughts?

Tom

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Sounds to me like dirty TB and MAF and/or bad connections between there and ECM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys! I just wanted to give you a quick update on my "Negrita"2009 Solstice limp mode issue. I took the advice of the members in the forum thread and checked the clamps. I found 2 clamp that was not tightened down all the way.
I solder also the map and tmap sensors.
In the meantime, I have not had any issues with the engine is chocking.
Thanx to all off you.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
If you found that your clamps were loose, they'll probably loosen again. Whats has likely happened is this underneath where you cannot see it:

You'll be better off replacing at least the two on the driver's side rubber tube, with these T-bolt clamps:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts