Registered
363 Posts
Congradulation :party:

Mine won't be here til after the 2nd coming. It sucks to be me!!!! :rant:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a play on my name, not my temperment. Just got back from drive and soccer game (daughters) So stoked!! My soccer player will help me post pictures but it may have been too dark outside, in which case I'll retake and post tomorrow. Man, some other drivers are going to sprain their neck trying to look at the Solstice going by. Later Solstites

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
mobboss said:
Later Solstites
Translation: Those who have found their Sols. :devil:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I did find a missing part of me driving my Sol yesterday. One of the few times I can remember not having a letdown after such an enormous build-up of anticipation. Sleep? Overrated. I'm going driving

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is #465 on Long Island. Also some pics of a Ferrari in a similar color with similar fairings that I saw parked near mine. The owner didn't appear in the time I was there. I would have liked to hear his take. The Ferrari looked like the Sol's big brother. Impressions so far: I love the exhaust note. Throaty enough for the size of the Sol, but not too agressive. The seats are like your favorite chair. I'm fairly average-5'11" 175lbs- and I feel comfortable with the interior layout and driving position. I agree with other posters that the window switches are too far back, and the shoulder belt is awkward to reach, but truly minor compared to all that is RIGHT with the car. Anytime I think of something I'd change, or if someone asks why no automatic top, or why it's not a V-6/V-8 or whatever I also think how much design and performance we all get for this price. I feel like I cheated GM somehow and so do all the people I've told what I paid. I'm much more of a design guy than a performance guy and this car blows the Miata and S2K away. I'm sure they do many things better than the Sol, and the Sol does some things better than they do, but damn, I know which one gets the stares while standing still and which ones never get a second look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
mobboss said:
Here is #465 on Long Island. Also some pics of a Ferrari in a similar color with similar fairings that I saw parked near mine. The owner didn't appear in the time I was there. I would have liked to hear his take. The Ferrari looked like the Sol's big brother. Impressions so far: I love the exhaust note. Throaty enough for the size of the Sol, but not too agressive. The seats are like your favorite chair. I'm fairly average-5'11" 175lbs- and I feel comfortable with the interior layout and driving position. I agree with other posters that the window switches are too far back, and the shoulder belt is awkward to reach, but truly minor compared to all that is RIGHT with the car. Anytime I think of something I'd change, or if someone asks why no automatic top, or why it's not a V-6/V-8 or whatever I also think how much design and performance we all get for this price. I feel like I cheated GM somehow and so do all the people I've told what I paid. I'm much more of a design guy than a performance guy and this car blows the Miata and S2K away. I'm sure they do many things better than the Sol, and the Sol does some things better than they do, but damn, I know which one gets the stares while standing still and which ones never get a second look.
Congratulations, another satisfied customer..... :grouphug:
I know the Ferrari is supposed to be the Ultimate sportscar but gee couldn;t they line those Fairings up with the seats like the Solstice? It really looks awkward that way...

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, enjoy it. :party:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Congrats, mobboss, is that an Italian restaurant in the background? How appropriate. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Classic66vair said:
I know the Ferrari is supposed to be the Ultimate sportscar but gee couldn;t they line those Fairings up with the seats like the Solstice? It really looks awkward that way...
you noticed that too? ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts