Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my car in may I wonder if I will get it by xmas.They say will build 7000 cars this year. First allocation number eight out of twelve.Plus put down 1000 dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
dave clancy said:
I ordered my car in may I wonder if I will get it by xmas.They say will build 7000 cars this year. First allocation number eight out of twelve.Plus put down 1000 dollars.
i also ordered mine in may (may 4) witch should put me between 6900-7100 i figure. i'd better get my car this year. but i wonder if it could happen. is it possible... 7000 cars this year eh... i wish somebody at gm would turn the light on for us. :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
jester316 said:
i also ordered mine in may (may 4) witch should put me between 6900-7100 i figure. i'd better get my car this year. but i wonder if it could happen. is it possible... 7000 cars this year eh... i wish somebody at gm would turn the light on for us. :brentil:
They are supposedly going to get 700 built this year, but that means by Christmas break. The last ones built won't ship until next year, which will probably be 6000 - 7000. Maybe less, maybe more. Who knows. But my wife and I don't expect her's before Thanksgiving best case, probably Christmas. Anything sooner would be a pleasent surprise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I'd like to drive it at least one time before it snows. My dealer only was able to order 5 and one was shipped 9/8 or 9/9, but it was not mine. I ordered it April 20. Maybe by Thanksgiving!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discouraged at the lack of information from the dealer

We keep being told our dealer is our best source of information. Well when it comes to information my dealer is a PUTZ.

If I knew my car wasn't going to be delivered until November 15th, I could live with that. It is not knowing F-All that is getting really REALLY REALLY OLD

Ordered April 30th. middle of first allocation, which should put delivery in November, but car hasn't even been picked up yet so.... :brentil:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
We keep being told our dealer is our best source of information. Well when it comes to information my dealer is a PUTZ.

If I knew my car wasn't going to be delivered until November 15th, I could live with that. It is not knowing F-All that is getting really REALLY REALLY OLD

Ordered April 30th. middle of first allocation, which should put delivery in November, but car hasn't even been picked up yet so.... :brentil:
My dealer is a putz too. Drop me a PM when you receive a TPW. I ordered the very same day and am 9 of 10 in the first allocation. It will be interesting to see how our orders go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Wishes......

dave clancy said:
I ordered my car in may I wonder if I will get it by xmas.They say will build 7000 cars this year. First allocation number eight out of twelve.Plus put down 1000 dollars.
Your Christmas Wish could turn into an April Fool's Dream..... :willy: :lol: :nopity: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
I'm starting to question what the term "first allocation" and "first four month allocation" really means. At the beginning of May, my dealer indicated they were authorized to take 10 orders and I was #9. I've since been told I'm #7 because of two folks that have dropped out. Same dealer now indicates they will only get 3 cars by the end of the year...and has a hunch I'll get mine some time in spring.

Quote from dealer letter:

"I made a call to our area rep...he has informed me that the 4th quarter will get us 3 sold orders. The first qurter of 2006 will be a new allocation and he is not sure how many we will get. As far as price protection is concerned, the factory will price protect a vehicle only after it has been accepted into production. This does not affect the cars that are sitting in the order bank...I expect (a price increase) of approximately 1% to 3% sometime after the first of the year. This is why we priced all sold orders at factory list as stated on the window at time of delivery..."

I've written to Mr. Lutz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Obviously the standard order allocation system doesn't work for a new car launch. It should depend upon when the order was placed. But iit is what it is unfortunately. :(

As far as arriving in April goes, that would be perfect, wouldn't have to store it all winter and wouldn't be tempted to drive it while there was tons of salt on the roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Called my dealer today and car has been preferenced

So may get an October build and November delivery :thumbs:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top