Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one did you order? As far as I know they wernt available till this past sept I guess the first 1000 could not get them. I got the chrome :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I got the polished. I chose the polished aluminum because they are more flashy then the painted ones, and I didnt want the chrome rims because over time they pit. I dont want pitted rims!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure if you properly maintain them, like dont drive in the salt keeping them waxed they wont pit. I seen them and they really shine nice ordered black looks awesome on the car :)

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got polished. My thought was that in the pictures at least, the polished matched the other trim better than the chrome.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The door handles are chrome it will look good with the chrome wheels Also the exhaust tip looks chrome :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
GM's factopry chrome rims seem to hold up well too. I See plenty of older Grand Ams, Aleros, etc with the factory chrome wheel option and they still look good, even with suffering through salt and bad weather in the winter.

Chrome all the way! :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Am I the only one that got painted Aluminum? I think they suit the car well. Keep with the classic roadster look. Plus I don't want to outshine the paintjob.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
jerzkid said:
Am I the only one that got painted Aluminum? I think they suit the car well. Keep with the classic roadster look. Plus I don't want to outshine the paintjob.
Nope, I went painted as well. I looked at a lot of other Pontiacs and made my decision. The polished and chrome look fine, but my favorite was the painted.

--Chemist

·
Registered
191 Posts
That was what made up my mind as well. I saw a sly with painted and I liked the combo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the standard rims too...
BUT!...my 1st stop on the way home will be at the local tire dealer for some custom rims. After that I have an appointment at the paint shop for some pearl ghost stripping.

·
2,574 Posts
jerzkid said:
That was what made up my mind as well. I saw a sly with painted and I liked the combo.

I got to compare them in person at one of the ride & drives. I wasn't even thinking about it and the polished and chrome just jump right out at you, Especially on the red and black cars. So I'm up for the chrome pups. Don't get me wrong the painted look just fine, just not next to the others. And the other factor for me is they have always required a lot more maintenance to keep up. I know all about waxing them etc. but that's been my experience so that's my wheel story and I'm stickin to it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
valdcleve said:
I got the polished rims but I will be getting black 18" rims when I get the car
Just curious, why did you pay extra for rims you know you are going to replace?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I got polished. I think they are the perfect balance between plain and gawdy. No regrets, I love 'em. I might change them out in the future if something catches my eye, but I'm sure I'll wait until I need new tires.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts