Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished converting my headlamp bezels from chrome to black. Went a little faster than i had hoped. Tonights mod brought to you by easy off oven cleaner and a heat gun!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Nice pics. I just did the same thing last month. I had mines intend to match the car though.
And I just did mine 6 months ago and painted too. (I think Rob meant painted instead of "intend", could be wrong)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I used easy off as well when I did my retrofit, worked great! I was very happy with the nice gloss black beneath the chrome bezel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm lucky my car is black, I get the easy way out! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a daytime pic of the updated product. 100% better

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered the DiNoc CF wrap for the windshield and tulip panel from ASAP almost a month ago. still waiting for it to get to me. i was told a week ago that it was being shipped the next day. That and wheels are all that's left till i'm happy with the exterior.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i ordered the DiNoc CF wrap for the windshield and tulip panel from ASAP almost a month ago. still waiting for it to get to me. i was told a week ago that it was being shipped the next day. That and wheels are all that's left till i'm happy with the exterior.
I hate to say it because you already closed up the lights, but I would have went with a projector retrofit in there. That is one of the best mods I've done because visibility is much greater at night.

As asked earlier, here is the best shot I have showing the retrofit and black housings.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I hate to say it because you already closed up the lights, but I would have went with a projector retrofit in there. That is one of the best mods I've done because visibility is much greater at night.

As asked earlier, here is the best shot I have showing the retrofit and black housings.
:agree: :D

Here's mine:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts

Crap. I'm torn. I've been keeping things as stock as possible with a few "tweaks" but I think that looks kinda good.

Damn this forum. lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thought about it. but thats money that i would rather be saving toward a big wheel upgrade in my turbo. that and wheels are next in line. maybe i can convince TS to build me one of those fancy boost gauges also if i pay for parts and labor. *hint hint*

·
Registered
715 Posts
I made the mistake and painted before I found out about the easy off. :(
Here is mine with CF in there too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got anymore pics?
i didnt take any others, but if you have a certain angle you want to see just let me know and ill go snap one for ya.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wished I had known about the Easy Off when I did mine! That plastic chrome crap is a pain to scuff up for painting.

·
Registered
414 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts