Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
18" Chrome Wheels (order code PD5) are now available in VOMS for ordering or adding to orders still in the dealer order bank/pool, not "picked up".

They are also avilable in limited quanity for this week's dealer order cycle allocation. They are constrained to 10% of orders in this allocation.

So keep the constraint in mind if you are on deck at your dealership for allocation.

Thanks Adrenaline forgot to mention, NO pricing yet.

Update GreatWhiteNorth reports from Detroit that they will be a $695 as a factory option price. Thanks GWN. 8/11/05 Pontiac announced price as GreatWhiteNorth posted, $695.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Weren't they like $900 or something outrageous?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but are they the same angular chome wheels we've seen before? Like the ones in the Oregon pictures? Or are they Solstice wheels in chrome?

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bonzo said:
Probably a dumb question, but are they the same angular chome wheels we've seen before? Like the ones in the Oregon pictures? Or are they Solstice wheels in chrome?
Should just be chromed versions of the standard Solstice wheel.

The Envious Solstice in Oregon was fitted with dealer installed accessory wheels.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Should just be chromed versions of the standard Solstice wheel.

The Envious Solstice in Oregon was fitted with dealer installed accessory wheels.
I was thinking the wheels on the accessory brochure were the chrome wheels.... not true??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stock wheels

Can someone please point me in the direction of a pic with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
package said:
I was thinking the wheels on the accessory brochure were the chrome wheels.... not true??
the ones in the brochure are the dealer installed accessory wheels...believe I saw a price of 400 plus for each wheel.....

the stock wheels are the spoke ones...as I refer to them....they come polished or chrome I beleive...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts

That's the chrome wheel

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Bonzo said:
PAO, nope, I learned this the hard way. Your first statement is wrong. That is a picture of polished, not chrome. I don't think there is a picture of chrome on this thread, yet.
my mistake..hard to tell in the photo...but bottom line they are the standard wheel...whether polished or chrome..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Adrenaline said:

That's the chrome wheel
Sorry, I meant a picture of the chrome wheel in action, as in on the car.

When I first saw that accessory wheel a few weeks back my first assumption was that they changed their mind from the picture you show. That's why I had to ask. I hate that accessory wheel on this car, and speaking for myself, would be a little more than upset if I ordered the chrome wheel and got that those instead of the stock wheel style.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Small Dealer said:
18" Chrome Wheels (order code PD5) are now available...
...Thanks Adrenaline forgot to mention, NO pricing yet.
Thanks SD! Let us know if you hear about pricing.
Thank you as always!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
PAO said:
So, are we to conclude that the stock chrome wheels are different than the accessory chrome wheels? I figured I could always go to the dealer and purchase the same ones that would be installed from the factory. These are two different designs. I like the shine of the accessory better, but I hate that split end part of it right where the spokes meet the wheel. That's what I call "bling-bling."
:(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
blue_q said:
So, are we to conclude that the stock chrome wheels are different than the accessory chrome wheels? I figured I could always go to the dealer and purchase the same ones that would be installed from the factory. These are two different designs. I like the shine of the accessory better, but I hate that split end part of it right where the spokes meet the wheel. That's what I call "bling-bling."
:(
You can have your dealer order both. Dealers should be able to order normal wheels for you I believe. Expect to pay a good bit though. As mentioned the optional chrome wheels will look like the normal ones we've seen just chrome. The accessories wheels are the ones seen at the Orgeon press event.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
New update.

Distribution Updates
Updates for Solstice
Week of 8/8/2005
Effective 8/8/2005, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
  • Exterior section-Added (PD5) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm), aluminum, chromed. It is "A" on 2MB67 1SA.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GreatWhiteNorth said:
Mrktg guy in Detroit today said the chrome wheels will cost $695

Pontiac released a short note today (8/11/05) confirming the price as $695.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts