Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Douglas Corporation /Instrument Specialties/21 Century Finishes /Paul's Chrome Plating /GCAR . There is a chrome foil you can purchase at a hobby shop that carries models ,Bare-Metal Foil that may work for you they also sell a chrome paint ..Tried to refinish some plastic pieces on some cars we were restoring with not great results depending on what your looking for ,I'm a perfectionist ,so we ended sending them out .

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
What chromed piece is the problem?

I have touched up worn chromed plastic with chrome nail polish. Isn't right, but it is the most brilliant chrome colored paint I have seen and in small spots you can get away with it. Trouble is if you then polish it, it turns dull.

To be honest, paint never looks right. I saw the best chrome paint job I ever saw on a steel bumper, at a car show last month. From 20 feet away it looked like chrome that needed polishing. But closer...it was obviously paint.

I spent 20 years in classic car restoration as a hobby, and nothing ever really worked except chrome plating or replacement with a good piece.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Brethren,
Here is a link to a chrome plater in Evans City,Pa. (near Pittsburgh) that can help you out & does quality work. It aint cheap, but quality & detail never is :

Home :smile2:

Nervous

1 - 6 of 6 Posts