Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chuck was in attendance at the 1st 1000 Solstice Party in Detroit! He was helpful in answering questions and concerns about the upcoming Solstice V8 project. Price starts at $18,000 for basic conversion including LS2, clutch, shocks, exhaust, shorter throw shifter (wow, current is pretty sweet already), brake pads, brake lines, interior & exterior graphics (can be deleted), all proper plumbing including new wiring and ECU tuning. No details on the exhaust setup yet, but it will be true dual exhaust!

Oh, the engine install is a special installed by Mallett Cars; not a shoehorn it in deal. The engine will be placed into the engine bay at a specific location to help off center drivers weight and create ideal corner weights.

Let the I "heart" Mallett buttons begin... :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's quite a lot for $18k, it's a hard decision. Waiting till I graduate from UMD and get the Mallett Conversion or go the Turbocharger route starting in the Spring.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to Chuck about what it's involved with supercharging the current Ecotec motor. Yes, he can do this with the stock internals. To keep the the system CARB legal 8 lbs of boost would be used. The piston compression ratio would be reduce to 9:1 by porting out the combustion chambers. Again, this not some Jackson Racing bolt on option. This would involve detail head work and proper plumbing. I believe he mention that the supercharger unit alone would cost $3800 (his cost), so you are probably talking in the $5k-$8k area for a proper supercharged 2.4 Ecotec engine.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Whew, that's a lot more then the J Body Performance Bolt On kit they are working on, a "performance" level kit was going to be $4k-$5k while the regular ~300HP was going to be around $3.5k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just saw the mallett website. Limited to 100 cars this year. I bet if he does well with this package he will do an LS7 conversion next year. I think I read somewhere LS7 can be had for $12,500. Alternativly a turbo, head-cam, or supercharged LS2 might be cheaper and quicker.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Whew, that's a lot more then the J Body Performance Bolt On kit they are working on, a "performance" level kit was going to be $4k-$5k while the regular ~300HP was going to be around $3.5k.
Wow I aggree the Procharge unit C1 with intercooler is only 3.4K, I hope other people beside Mallet start posting here to lets us have a comparison on what a 300HP ecotec would cost.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I emailed Mallett several weeks ago about the Supercharger/Turbo upgrade.....he commented that they won't be doing any of these til after the first of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts