Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted dates on calendar for the Canadian International Autoshow held annualy in Toronto. Their website has no info on what might be shown but it will be interesting to see if Solstice and Sky names carry north of the border. The Buick Lacrosse is Allure up there. Maybe Ff88 and I can sneak up there if it turns out to have anything of interest. I'm only 3 hours away not counting border crossing and Ff88 is probably an hour closer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will definitely be there, my office is right across the street from the convention centre. I will post if the solstice and sky are there for those thinking about making a long trip. They had the solstice there last year, although it was up on stage so you couldn't get anywhere near it. Hopefully by the time the show comes aroung they will be letting people get close up and personal with the car.

·
4,592 Posts
Damovc said:
I will definitely be there, my office is right across the street from the convention centre. I will post if the solstice and sky are there for those thinking about making a long trip. They had the solstice there last year, although it was up on stage so you couldn't get anywhere near it. Hopefully by the time the show comes aroung they will be letting people get close up and personal with the car.
Bring some commandos, and storm the stage... let see that trunk and top :jester

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
will be taking photos

hey guys, i live 20 mins outside toronto, and I am actually working there again this year on the showfloor for chevrolet. Chevrolet is beside pontiac, so i will be drooling all day long! But I will be taking numerous photos for you guys here, so dont worry about not being able to see any!
I got it covered.

Dylan

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I may even be a little closer to that. I have made it to Toronto from Buffalo in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I have to hit the bridge just right, and you just zoom up! Traffic moves very fast on the QEW!

Toronto is an awesome city to visit too! I don't get up there as often as I should, but I enjoy it up there! Since it doesn't look like I will get to Detroit this yearm as I was hoping to make it this weekend but doesn't looklike I will be able to go, I will have to count on the Sky being at Toronto! (I have already seen the Solstice, and I LIKE it!). :smile

·
Registered
120 Posts
FF88, if you have a chance to go to the Detroit show then take it over Toronto! After being a Detroit auto show faithful I decided several years ago to check out the Toronto show and was sorely disappointed. Many of the new concept cars for that year were absent and on display were several concept cars that debuted in Detroit the previous year or two! Very peculiar considering Toronto is a big and wonderful city. I've stayed with the Detroit show ever since but hopefully the Toronto one is more up-to-date these days. If you do go to the Toronto show then please update us on how up-to-date the show is in general (as well as any Solstice/Sky info!)

And I'd expect the Solstice and Sky names to be used north of the border, achieftain. My apologies if this is old news to everyone here but the reason the LaCrosse name was changed to Allure in Canada was because "lacrosse" is apparently French slang for masturbation. I kid you not:

http://www.carguidemagazine.com/archive/oct2004/roadTests/buick_allure.php

I'm sure the GM execs were really impressed when they found that out! :crazy Anyways, here's hoping "Solstice" and "Sky" aren't dirty words in French.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I will be going to the show in Toronto also live about hour and a half from there will be taking the camera and be loaded for questions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I am excited...each new auto show still gives me hope of learning more about the car...hopefully about the top this time. And for those of you who are going, would you please ask someone to find out if there are any cupholders? Thanks!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
ho2go said:
FF88, if you have a chance to go to the Detroit show then take it over Toronto! After being a Detroit auto show faithful I decided several years ago to check out the Toronto show and was sorely disappointed. Many of the new concept cars for that year were absent and on display were several concept cars that debuted in Detroit the previous year or two! Very peculiar considering Toronto is a big and wonderful city. I've stayed with the Detroit show ever since but hopefully the Toronto one is more up-to-date these days. If you do go to the Toronto show then please update us on how up-to-date the show is in general (as well as any Solstice/Sky info!)

And I'd expect the Solstice and Sky names to be used north of the border, achieftain. My apologies if this is old news to everyone here but the reason the LaCrosse name was changed to Allure in Canada was because "lacrosse" is apparently French slang for masturbation. I kid you not:

http://www.carguidemagazine.com/archive/oct2004/roadTests/buick_allure.php

I'm sure the GM execs were really impressed when they found that out! :crazy Anyways, here's hoping "Solstice" and "Sky" aren't dirty words in French.
I am sure its not as good. I made it to Detroit last year for the auto show and had a blast! I had to go see the Solstice! :smile

However, I am sure the Toronto show is a lot better than the Buffalo auto show too! We get a couple show cars here, that are a few years old. However, there are not even many of those. Its basically a nice place to go if your shopping for a new car and want to look over whats available without having to stand outside in the snow. Even among production cars, we don't get many cool ones. Mostly SUV's and family sedans, few sporty/sports cars.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Debuts

I heard that this year, there is going to be the most ever brand new vehicle debuts for General Motors at the 2005 CIAS. So lets all expect to see the solstice there 100% If it isnt there, somebody is going to get the beats. lol
For you guys coming up from the states, all General Motors exhibits is in the South Metro Convention Centre, lower level. Pontiac is infront of GM Debut stage and infront of the GM "over head cross walk." So instead of getting lost in the 500 thousand square feet, you know where to see the Solstice. Most likely, Both Saturn Sky and the Solstice will be up on the show stage, away from the prying hands of the public. If the Sky is not on the show stage, it will be beside the GMC exhibit. Dont quote me on it, but most likely. I may be going to VIP night, and in VIP night- you can sit in any car you'd like. So if i can get a seat in the Solstice, I will get somebody to take my picture so you guys all have an idea of head room for a 6'1 person.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Montreal Auto Show

dylan01 said:
I heard that this year, there is going to be the most ever brand new vehicle debuts for General Motors at the 2005 CIAS. So lets all expect to see the solstice there 100% If it isnt there, somebody is going to get the beats. lol
If you can't wait until then, the Solstice is currently at the Montreal Auto Show. The show runs for another week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts