Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched for this and couldn't find it. Does anyone know how many cigarette adaptors the car has if any. In other words...I know the smoker's package adds an ashtray and a lighter, but I didn't see anything about sockets.

I'm not a smoker, but I do have lots of electronics that have adapters. Is the smoker's package adding anything related to that?
THanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only option I didn't get

I think that $40 buys you just that: the ashtray and the lighter. No more sockets. I have nothing to back that up, just my hunch.

I have lots of electronic toys too. Since you can get an inverter for $20 at your local megamart why aren't 110V AC outlets standard on cars these days, or at least an option? It seems to me they could easily incorporate an inverter into a car. I've wished for that for a long time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amen to that. I'd love to have an inverter in a car, and I'm not sure why either. Although I will say they used to be BIG bucks, and now you can get one for about $20. Can't imagine why that wouldn't be a nice feature.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was wondering the same thing....to the best I can tell there's a round cap right below to the left of the stereo....I believe that's a DC adapter receptacle.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There's the 12 volt power source (traditional cig lighter port) under the round num as mentioned. The smoker packagejust gets you the ashtray and the lighter element to go in the 12 volt plug.

·
Registered
17 Posts
brentil said:
There's the 12 volt power source (traditional cig lighter port) under the round num as mentioned. The smoker packagejust gets you the ashtray and the lighter element to go in the 12 volt plug.
thank you for clearing that up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts