Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone with a non-functioning cigar lighter/power port.

The socket to my cigar lighter was missing. Only the plastic housing and cap were there. I fished the two wires out of the hole without removing any trim. There was a black ground and a red/white hot wire.

I bought a GM socket/special tool at Advanced Auto Parts for about $16 in stock. This socket is 7/8 inch in diameter and fits right into the plastic housing. They did not have the connector I was also missing so I bought very small female crimp terminals and pried them a bit to fit on the socket's hot and ground terminals. There was no 20 amp fuse in terminal #30 of the engine fuse block, so I put one in and everything went live.

Total cost - about $18.00

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
What is the GM socket special tool.
It is a T shaped tool that fits inside the power socket to engage the two small plastic detents in the socket. It isn't really special to GM. Usually, if you buy a dorman replacement socket , you get the tool with it. I just use a small screwdriver instead. If you look inside the socket, you will see two small ( about 3mm square) black plastic detents, one on each side of the socket. Depress these and the socket will pull out.

Bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts