Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Class Action Law Suit ANYONE???????

• Heck yeah, I think we've got a chance to win a class action lawsuit - LET'S DO IT :thumbs:

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • No Way!!! ON what grounds? :nonod:

Votes: 101 95.3%

Class Action Law Suit ANYONE??????

7K views 75 replies 47 participants last post by  Trippydev 
#1 ·
I am about fed up with the stories and the runaround from GM.
Maybee it time we all band togeather and file a civil action against them.
This company is run by a bunch of idiots who wont even give you a straight answer.

I am going out to buy somethng else.
When my solstice finaly does come in it going on ebay.

#2 ·
...sinking sand

JCRRPZ said:
This company is run by a bunch of idiots who wont even give you a straight answer.

If you were a stockholder then they would owe you a duty, but otherwise you have no grounds for a class action suit based on getting "the runaround". Are they holding your money? If so, see if you can get it back (probably the dealer, so that doesn't really count against GM). Are they directly injuring you in some way? Doubt it. You have no standing based on those answers. Sorry.
:cool:

#3 ·
:( Sorry you are so frustrated. We would all like to have our cars yesterday and at least more information. That said I still want my car and I am willing to wait for something that I believe is unique and fits my needs well. :(

#4 ·
What cause of action?

As an attorney I will advise you that anyone who files suit based upon the priciple of a matter usually loses his @ss. The judge would laugh at you. Suing a company because they have a produced a product so great that it makes you go crazy waiting for it is a good thing. Every company should make such products. I'm losing it as well waiting, but I'm not taking legal action.

#5 ·
JCRRPZ said:

What a baby...get over it...it's only a car... do i see a tear rolling down your left cheek?

#6 ·
talked to a lawyer he said after looking over the paperwork i have a case
they are holding money the deposit.

they misrepresented a product and also solicited funds for the purchase of a product and they are not delivering on their obligation.

RichSol said:
If you were a stockholder then they would owe you a duty, but otherwise you have no grounds for a class action suit based on getting "the runaround". Are they holding your money? If so, see if you can get it back (probably the dealer, so that doesn't really count against GM). Are they directly injuring you in some way? Doubt it. You have no standing based on those answers. Sorry.

#7 ·
JCRRPZ said:

they misrepresented a product and also solicited funds for the purchase of a product and they are not delivering on their obligation.
The deposit is refundable at any time you request it. I am sure they have every intention of making the car you asked for, and placed a deposit on, but in the time it takes to get those ordered in front of your ready and deliverable in a condition that you want it in. Patience is a virtue. Waiting for your Solstice will pay you back in the long run!!

#8 ·
guess I missing the point...the dealer is holding the money..not GM...and obligation to do what...deliver a car in the summer of 05?..are you an F1K?....come on...like everyone else stated is just a car.....if you are not happy with how customer service at the dealer treats you...go get your money back and move on!!!!!.......just means one slot closer to getting mine!!!!!

This car will be unique, low production, and a winner for GM......be patient! My dealer (salesman) knows about this site...and realized a long time ago that I get more accurate information from it...than from him...yet he welcomes my informed questions...and knows Im keeping him honest...but I have to say he has been upfront with me from the beginning of this program.....Im a first allocation and will patiently wait on the car..which probably looks like an end of year delivery now......I will enjoy it whenever it gets here!!!!

#9 ·
Lawyers want to get paid

This guy will probably tell you water isn't wet and the sky is green if you pay him enough. This country deals with enough frivalous lawsuits, don't add to it. You assumed the risks of waiting for the car when you signed up just like everyone else.

#10 · (Edited)
There is always somebody somewhere going to sue someone over something stupid. No wonder this world is so goofy. Just sit back like the rest of us and wait. Sueing Pontiac will probably get you nowere.

Did that make sense :(

#11 ·
...I'm sure

JCRRPZ said:

And what did you pay for the consultation? Did he go over the expenses of bringing a class action suit, as well as the requirements?

More importantly, did you attempt the first level of remedy, i.e. did you ask for your deposit back? Did they refuse? And did most other dealers refuse to return deposits also? Yes, theoretically you could make a link back to a GM policy of getting a deposit, but as another attorney stated in this thread....it's laughable (actually, many judges wouldn't laugh).

#12 ·
JCRRPZ said:

It's an '06 ------- HELLO! ;)

#14 ·
:brentil: Umm, I believe the contest rules stated that the cars would be delivered by the end of October. So, sorry, they haven't gone back on their word as of this point and there is no breach of contract.

This kind of stuff makes me sick. Also is the reason that people resent lawyers for the most part (no offense to you Sol4Soul...it makes me feel better to see an attorney attacking this kind of behavior as well!). If you are so frustrated, why not simply get your deposit back and call EOP headquarters and cancel? Sounds like you are the one not playing by the rules and trying to screw someone else over.... :rolleyes:

#15 ·
They are holding a deposit?

Of course they're holding a deposit, that's what a deposit is for!

Complainer: "You see your honor my dealer is holding a deposit for something I have reserved. It's a condition of being a 1st 1000 recipient but somehow I find this to be completely illegal and Pontiac's fault since I don't have the car yet. It must be illegal because I am just not happy."

Judge: "Dismissed! With prejudice."

This thread has made my day, thanks. Sorry to pick on you because I too am really frustrated.

#17 ·
C5Vette said:
Also is the reason that people resent lawyers for the most part (no offense to you Sol4Soul...it makes me feel better to see an attorney attacking this kind of behavior as well!).

I work for the federal government so no offense taken. Couldn't pay me enough to work for a law firm.

#20 ·
Here we go again

You have got to be kidding me. You actually think you are going to get anyone on your side. Some lawyers will tell you anything to get money. Hell, sometimes they are worse than car dealers. Do us all a favor, demand your money back and buy a Mazda, sounds as if you deserve one. :mad: :mad: :mad:

#21 ·
Well, on the bright side, if you're an F1K and you put it on ebay, that's one way for us "reglar" people to get one.

Or maybe this is your scheme to profit from it all, huh? Sue GM for all you can, then make another $4000 or so on ebay?

Why not just get your money back, or maybe someone on this forum would give you your deposit money for the right to buy your car.

#23 ·
JCRRPZ said:
talked to a lawyer he said after looking over the paperwork i have a case.
I don't know how familiar you are with the legal system but I'll make you a bet.
You place your deposit with your lawyer, if you get resolution before I get my Solstice I'll pay you the deposit.

Patience. :grouphug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.