Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get our detailing section started, first topic clay bar. In the detailing classes I run at colleges and high schools I have found that 90% of the owners I come in contact with have no experience with clay bar. Clay bar not only removes rail dust found on new cars shipped from the factory but it also removes micro particles that do not come off during the car wash stage. What happens if you don't remove them, when you go to dry, all you are doing is rubbing these contaminants into the finish, creating scratches and micro marring. When an Air borne contaminants come in contact with your finish it is "ON" the finish, Keep in mind this is what clay does, it removes particles "ON" the finish. lets take water spots as an example. if you react to them in a reasonable amount of time, clay can remove it. if you let it go, it becomes "etched" into the finish. Once this happens clay is useless. Problems "IN" the finish need to be address with a paint cleaner or other more aggressive products. Sometimes you can correct it by hand, but in more serious cases, you may need the work of a professional with knowledge of buffer use. You may continue this thread with more questions I will try to answer. Gary Perfect Auto Finish, Owner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts