Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided to try the clay bar treatment. After reading the reviews and watching the videos, I went with the Mother's kit. And while it does take some time the effort is not that difficult. And the results are amazing. I thought the car looked and felt smooth before; but I have to say I have never felt a finish so smooth. I haven't bothered to post a picture because you can't see/feel smooth in a picture. But trust me, it looks great!馃槑

Super Moderator
Well done. Alas this is a slippery sloap. next is iron treatment, polishing to perfect the paint, then stripping it, then prepping it and applying Graphene.

Registered
Of, if you don't want to go "full monty" as rob suggests, just make sure you wax or seal after clay bar because you've basically removed all contaminants but also any protectant that was on the pain too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well done. Alas this is a slippery sloap. next is iron treatment, polishing to perfect the paint, then stripping it, then prepping it and applying Graphene.
Alas, I'm just giving it a good coat of Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax, as per package instructions. I'm of the "good enough" school of thought.馃槉
Of, if you don't want to go "full monty" as rob suggests, just make sure you wax or seal after clay bar because you've basically removed all contaminants but also any protectant that was on the pain too.
As I mentioned above, I did apply a good coat of Mothers
Carnauba cleaner wax. Looks and feels great and protected.馃憤馃槉thanks for the input.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alas, I'm just giving it a good coat of Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax, as per package instructions. I'm from the "good enough" school of thought.馃槉

Super Moderator
Good job

You should know that the wax you describe is nice at getting a shiny finish but it has little staying power and will be gone in a few washings. A quick coat of Graphene will last for up to 300 washings.

Registered
If you end up doing the full on paint correction you might as well ceramic coat it. Best protection, longest lasting and nothing makes the paint pop like it. It鈥檚 not hard to apply but you need to prep the paint very well and if you are there鈥檚 no reason to not go full on ceramic. I did my neighbors car snd he hasn鈥檛 used soap on his car in 6 months. Power washer and dries it off. It literally takes him 10 minutes to clean the outside and it鈥檚 still smooth as glass.

I鈥檓 a big fan of ceramic spray from TW if I鈥檓 not doing a full on ceramic coat. I haven鈥檛 tried the graphene, but two applications and it still beads and sheds a year later. It鈥檚 starting to weaken though and it is garaged. At this rate it鈥檒l take me another year or two before I run out of TW then I might change to something else.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww...but I enjoy waxing it whether it needs it or not.馃槉
Other than driving it, detailing is my favorite thing to do. It gives me something to pass the time.馃槈

Registered
After clay bar, you need to do an iron decontamination with some iron-x from Adam's before you do any waxing/coating. You'll be amazed as the entire car will turn purple from the iron on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts