Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 GXP Turbo with the heavy padded convertible top. Per my original owners manual, they recommend the top be cleaned with warm soap and water, rinsed, then left to dry out before putting the top down. I have 80,000 miles on my baby and the top looks near new. My question is: Is this enough? Are there any aftermarket products available to "treat" the top material? I am fairly new to this forum and hope this post - my first - actually makes it out of the starting gate.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
303 or raggtopp - make sure you get the fabric products...

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
didn't understand...what is 303 or raggtopp?
these are two products that people like to clean and protect the top.
do this google search to see all the conversation on this topic:
" 303 raggtopp site:solsticeforum.com "

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sirwm. I shall go into that website to see what they offer. Hope you folks up there got through the tropical storm with little or no damage. Coastal NC got the brunt while the rest of us dodged the bullet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like Wal Mart carries the entire line so I will definitely drop by and pick up raggtopp. Thanks again...hope I can return the favor sometime.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A question for those of you that use 303. I found 303 products at my local auto parts place. The label on back of the 303 cleaner (Tonneau Cover & Convertible Top Cleaner) said fabric or vinyl, but nowhere on the protectant (Interior/Exterior) front or back did it say fabric. Should I be looking specifically for the Fabric Guard for Marine Fabrics?

303.jpg OR 303B.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish I could help but I am the wrong one to ask. There are a number of members out there with knowledge from experience and maybe one of them will see this thread and reply. Is Bama short for Alabama??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A question for those of you that use 303. I found 303 products at my local auto parts place. The label on back of the 303 cleaner (Tonneau Cover & Convertible Top Cleaner) said fabric or vinyl, but nowhere on the protectant (Interior/Exterior) front or back did it say fabric. Should I be looking specifically for the Fabric Guard for Marine Fabrics?

View attachment 109028 OR View attachment 109029
try sirwm as my current info comes from him

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
I use RaggTopp and have had great results with the product plus it is recommended by many auto manufacturers ,if you are going this route they sell a package which has the cleaner ,protectant ,and a brush for around 35 bucks it's more than enough to do the Solstice top a few times .As for the 303 comment it also is a great product many of our members use it but I know there has been some confusion as to what product to buy .Some of the big box auto stores sell it but from what I've read it's for fabric / upholstery not tops they don't carry the stuff for tops due to limited demand but can order it for you .Maybe some members who use this can steer you in the right direction CW where are you ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use RaggTopp and have had great results with the product plus it is recommended by many auto manufacturers ,if you are going this route they sell a package which has the cleaner ,protectant ,and a brush for around 35 bucks it's more than enough to do the Solstice top a few times .As for the 303 comment it also is a great product many of our members use it but I know there has been some confusion as to what product to buy .Some of the big box auto stores sell it but from what I've read it's for fabric / upholstery not tops they don't carry the stuff for tops due to limited demand but can order it for you .Maybe some members who use this can steer you in the right direction CW where are you ?
StingYa: Thanks for responding. I am sure Bama will appreciate it when next he logs in. I bought the kit and am now impatiently waiting for this incessant rain to stop...looks like building an ark will be my next job...Mike

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, Mikey, Bama is short for Alabama. Perhaps my question should have been asked in it's own thread. It kind of got buried here. I'm going to have to order Raggtopp online, no one close to me carries it, but was surprised to find 303 at my local auto parts store. Just too many varieties of 303 (and limited choices on the shelf) to make sure I use the correct product. Not many convertibles in the wild anymore so the store carries what it can sell. Just asked for some help identifying the correct 303. Thought I might have made a lucky find.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, Mikey, Bama is short for Alabama. Perhaps my question should have been asked in it's own thread. It kind of got buried here. I'm going to have to order Raggtopp online, no one close to me carries it, but was surprised to find 303 at my local auto parts store. Just too many varieties of 303 (and limited choices on the shelf) to make sure I use the correct product. Not many convertibles in the wild anymore so the store carries what it can sell. Just asked for some help identifying the correct 303. Thought I might have made a lucky find.
Bama: Sounds like you are in the country like me where we have to take what is available. You can always find whatever you want online which is mostly how I get my products. Folks in here are super helpful and there is always someone who can help you find just about anything for your Solstice. I spent a year in Bama at Fort Rucker and have fond memories of your state.

·
Super Moderator
7,531 Posts

View attachment 109028 OR View attachment 109029
As far as I know you need one specified for fabric.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts