Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was Latin Venom that asked for pictures of the two together. I spent the day just cleaning and washing. Still have two more to pull out of storage before I can claim to be ready for summer. I have spent that last week driving the Solstice. I have her up to 1300 kms or 850 miles. I love everything about this car except for an ugly noise from the CAI that I now understand. Thanks everyone for their patience and support while I waited for spring.

....Enter Chicken Wire with sarcastic caustic humour...

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
They both look stunning!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
5,543 Posts

??

My feelings would be hurt, if I wasn't jealous of two nice rides in your drive!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My feelings would be hurt, if I wasn't jealous of two nice rides in your drive!
I wouldn't want to hurt either of your feelings. But I would be disappointed if you didn't have your customary witty remark. I really look forward to them.

John

P.S. the ZL1 made its first border crossing into Mich yesterday. Don't think I will leave it parked at DTW though.

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Very nice indeed.

·
Premium Member
2007 Solstice GXP, Automatic,
433 Posts
I think it was Latin Venom that asked for pictures of the two together. I spent the day just cleaning and washing. Still have two more to pull out of storage before I can claim to be ready for summer. I have spent that last week driving the Solstice. I have her up to 1300 kms or 850 miles. I love everything about this car except for an ugly noise from the CAI that I now understand. Thanks everyone for their patience and support while I waited for spring.

Beautiful - Love the lines of the Camaro. Gm has had done a great job on the design. :thumbs:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Two great cars,
LLLFLY

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not envy you keeping tow black cars clean though. The Green Dragon is bad enough!
You're not kidding and every vehicle I own is black and it's a constant battle but worth every minute. Both trucks are black (you can see the H3) and I have a Corvette and G8 GT coming home from storage that are black as well. I can only keep 4 in the garage at a time.

Over the next few weeks I am going to buff out all the cars, and get them prepped for sealing. I came across a ceramic sealant that helps restore and protect the finish. Best thing is that it is hydrophobic. All indications are that it will make keeping a black car a little easier. It's call Opti Coat 2.0. I have never been a fan of polymer finishes but I think the science has goit it on this one.

John

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
lol! I didn't notice that Kadet. That's almost "edward scissorhands" creepy there!

John - keep me posted on that sealant. You've piqued my interest.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have 6 Hot wheels & MMike who lives next door.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
853 Posts

Watch out for that new Shelby boatguy, you think the Camaro is fast....

toys, toys toys, If only I had more disposable income, it's all going to waste with retirement savings and paying the house off early....

Oh well, it was about 70* over the weekend and our Mysterious Coupe got the full monty as well, learned how to clay (on my Bronco), then did a little of that, plus a full wash and wax, leather conditioner, remove hard targa and put soft targa on. Gotta love black cars, when you put the effort in, black paint has so much depth, they are just a ton of upkeep. :thumbs:

Edit: The H3 yours too? GM sending you special invites for events and stuff? They need to keep you happy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it isn't a gm product, it isn't coming in my garage. I had a Mustang once, and a Charger too. Just not my thing. I hear you King-Oka on the classic stuff, problem is I am just more into the modern conveniences. I had a couple of older Vettes when I was younger and they were uncomfortable, inconvenient, and well old. Now if I could find a restomod in a car I liked like a 64.5 Vette I would be all over it. It would have to be on a C6 chassis and an LS2 motor and then a custom interior. Problem is I would be up over 100K and for that you could get..... something newer, and faster.

I sold my company a few years ago and for the most part I am retired (not retarded Chicken Wire). We only have one child and she is growing up quickly. My wife collects hand bags, and so I started collecting quirky GM vehicles. I drive them all. I enjoy each for what it is. I don't need the brands to feel good about myself, and when you spread yourself over a few cars and trucks, the mileage stays really low and I love each for their own reasons.

Now, if I could find a reasonably priced low or no mileage SSR, a Pontiac Aztec (possibly the ugliest vehicle ever made) or the holy grail a G8 Sport Ute (they only made 12) in black I would be all over it. In the meantime I am going to upgrade my old Envoy to of all things a Denali version of the GMC Terrain.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Getting ready for the "full monty" on the Mysterious Sol. Took it into town Saturday (wife drove) and on the way home she had missed every puddle - until about 1/4 mile from our driveway. She said "You're washing the car, right?" I replied "Well, I am NOW."

Took the wheels off and washed the wheel wells, then dressed them. Sure is easier to detail a wheel when it's setting up on a stand of sorts! (Used a cooler out in the driveway.) Last fall I blacked out the inside of the factory wheels. I resisted the temptation to touch one of them up that was showing signs of flaking. (Not really warm enough to do that just yet.)

Bought a little more agressive cut of pad for the d/a bugger to try to get a couple of scratches to smooth out a bit on the hood. Will be polishing this week, then wax, then sealant. Have a road trip to WI in 3 weeks so I want everything detailed out and the sealant good and hard before hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts