Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered cool and now i'm looking at every silver pontiac that i pass by. i can't really tell if there is a clear coat over the paint or not.
also.
anyone ordering a fabric car cover or maybe have one they would recommend? never had one before but might use one with my solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
All modern paint has clearcoat (I'm pretty sure)

·
Registered
1 Posts
cdb said:
i ordered cool and now i'm looking at every silver pontiac that i pass by. i can't really tell if there is a clear coat over the paint or not.
also.
anyone ordering a fabric car cover or maybe have one they would recommend? never had one before but might use one with my solstice.
check out california car covers, wehave one for our vette. it is really nice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Clear Coat??

All cars from GM come out of the factory with a clear coat. Most of the paint is what is termed as a two stage paint job. Base color with a clear overcoating.

I have been checking on Car Covers, fabric would be my choice, one can obtain a Mazda Miada cover which will fit. But, you may want to wait till they made the custom car cover for the Solstice so the mirrors will fit properly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
fak429 said:
All cars from GM come out of the factory with a clear coat. Most of the paint is what is termed as a two stage paint job. Base color with a clear overcoating.

I have been checking on Car Covers, fabric would be my choice, one can obtain a Mazda Miada cover which will fit. But, you may want to wait till they made the custom car cover for the Solstice so the mirrors will fit properly.
A Miata cover on my Solstice...that's like putting a potato sack on Christy Brinkley! :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
fak429 said:

a miata cover will be a heck of a lot more tight around the car since this car is a little bigger.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pterosaur said:
A Miata cover on my Solstice...that's like putting a potato sack on Christy Brinkley! :)

Christy Brinkley in a potato sack....It's not what is on the outside that counts...It's whats on the inside!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
car covers

I have used nylon on my restored 72 Triumph GT6 and my 65 TR4 for 15 years,never a problem. Your going to garage it of course.

·
Registered
381 Posts
swatthefly said:
a miata cover will be a heck of a lot more tight around the car since this car is a little bigger.
And a lot wider. I'd borrow one before I bought it, or at least make sure you can return it. (The cover, not Christie.)

Potato sack, indeed. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clearcoat

I believe that clear coat is applied over enamel paint which probably covers all domestic autos. Lacquer would not have clear coat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts