Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have a picture of a Mean w/ the smoked lenses w/ black housing?
Not sure if I saw anyone with a Mean and smoke lens set up. But, I'll see if I can track one down.

FYI to everyone, my manufacturer is in the process of scaling back on his business and eventually will close up shop. Once his doors close, I probably will not search for another fabricator to make these in the future afterwards. Let me know if you have any questions.

rudy

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Rudy, I'm interested in these. Do we need to get amber bulbs for use in them?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rudy, I'm interested in these. Do we need to get amber bulbs for use in them?
You can if your state requires it. I know that you can use the oem clear or aftermarket amber bulbs here in CA. Not sure about the other states. I suggest doing a little research on the net regarding your state laws for the marker bulb color requirements. I do know that red and blue is NOT legal in any state, FYI. Good luck.

rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i was looking at the c/f spolier, how does it atttach to the car. I have the stock one know and i think its drilled from the factory.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
dang it, I thought we were working on taillights.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was looking at the c/f spolier, how does it atttach to the car. I have the stock one know and i think its drilled from the factory.
I believe there are about six holes exposed once you remove the oem spoiler from the bumper. However, I have designed this spoiler to cover the pre-existing holes when installed on the bumper. The spoiler can be installed using the included screws that it will come with, combined with the pre-installed 3M double-sided automotive tape.

For legality sakes, I must suggest to use both installation hardware (tape and screws) for the spoiler. However, most have done away with using the screws and just applied the tape only without any consequences. If the latter route is chosen, the area must be cleaned and prepped properly before installation in order to maximize the full adhesion bond of the tape.

rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dang it, I thought we were working on taillights.
Well, my fabricator and I had a long talk not too long ago and basically told me that he's getting burnt out in the lens fabrication industry. And he would like to get into something else he loves doing. He's been working 70+ hours a week in nothing but fabrication and has lost touch with living life. I support his decision in pursuing a career that he loves and to get his life back once again. This means the ineveitable end of fabricating clear lenses for him as he's not taking on anymore projects for the future.

However, he may be inclined to manufacture my recessed grills as I had proposed the idea to him before he came to this career changing conclusion. I'm not sure on the longevity of the project if and when he gets started with the grills. So, I'm hoping that I can get another round on the grills done with my other source soon as time is running out. I do have another source for back up in the event he chooses to turn down the recessed grills project. But he would be my first choice.

As far as the rear tail lights, that's still up in the air and have not thought about pursuing that yet. I'm trying to obtain the CAD files for the head and tail lights as I have some ideas for both.

rudy

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Just a bump for Rudy here. I ordered a set of clear/silver backed side marker lenses for my Envious last fall. Thought it would be difficult to put them in, so I left it till spring. Actually they were super easy, with no need to touch the plastic fender wells. They change the look entirely - no more orange HOORAY. Very clean and professionally finished. Thanks Rudy (Aftershock) for a great and easy upgrade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts