Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners; I am interested in knowing about the clearance between the front undersides and the pavement on the Solstice. I have a driveway entrance with a dip in it between the road and the driveway. I had a friend drive his S2000 and it just missed scraping. Anyone had any issues like this? What about speed bumps?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I haven't had any problems with anything scraping accept the plastic air dam that is underneath in the front. It scrapes in my driveway and on some speed bumps. I think this plastic dam can take quite a bit of scraping before it needs replacement because it seems to be quite flexible. I guess I'll find out, because I scrape it a litlle everyday. This car is very low, so you have to plan your entry into and out of driveways. I haven't had any high centering issues. I'm sure you'll be fine. You may have a slight scraping issue like me though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a dip / entry to my driveway and all has been well so far. I have been taking it extra slow and pulling in /out on a bit of an angle just in case though. I have yet to hit it on a speed bump either, but again - I am babying this car right now.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I got a PM from another Forum member last week asking for clearance dimensions on my car. I measured my car's clearances for my response. If I remember, the air dam is 3-1/4 above pavement at a poiint 17" in front of the centerline of the front tires. The front fascia of the car is 6-1/4" above pavement at a point 21" in front of the front tire centerline. I hope this helps you. I have not had a problem with inclined roads or curb cuts. My local Burger King has a really high curb cut that used to always give me trouble in my Miata. I have never touched in my Solstice. I think the forward placement of the wheels really helps with the clearance issue.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
naoki said:
I have 20 speedbumps between me and the exit of my apartment complex... my fingers are crossed.
Wow, sounds like you might look into moving. ;) That (20 speed bumps) must get old ... even if you had a SUV.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have 4 speed bumps on my street and they have not been a problem.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Driveway aprens have not been a problem. Road kills have. Make sure you avoid, if possible, anything dead or alive on the road surface. I came upon a dead fox yesterday and before I rememered how low this car is I hit it with the lower front black plastic valense. Looked in the rear view mirror and the fox had tumbled over unto its back with its legs sticking up in the air! (NO KIDDING!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts