Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Which climate control knobs do you prefer (brushed aluminium or black)?

• brushed aluminium

Votes: 87 69.0%
  • black

Votes: 39 31.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if I was off base on this one, but what color did people prefer for the climate control knobs? :skep:

- The original brushed aluminium look
- The new black look

Mod's: I couldn't post to the poll section -- feel free to move it to the poll section if you want

thx

AJ

·
Registered
905 Posts
I liked the aluminium look, I guess I'll be painting mine :)

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I'd like someone at Pontiac to tell us if price was the only reason for the change, and if they would make them available as an aftermarket option....

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I personally don't think the brushed aluminum matches... anything.

The black looks better than aluminum... but I would LOVE to see polished aluminum or chrome. I'm serious.

·
5,641 Posts
The black will reflect a lot less sunlight and not show finger prints and smudges.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I think they complimented the bezels around the steering wheel buttons. Now those are out there by themselves as the ONLY brushed aluminum in the entire cockpit. Maybe save the black ones for cars that aren't equipped with the convenience package or leather package. Otherwise, I think the aluminum should have stayed.

Frankly I'm surprised that we don't have a landslide so far in favor of the aluminum. I thought there were very few fans of the black plastic look.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I think they complimented the bezels around the steering wheel buttons. Now those are out there by themselves as the ONLY brushed aluminum in the entire cockpit. Maybe save the black ones for cars that aren't equipped with the convenience package or leather package. Otherwise, I think the aluminum should have stayed.

Frankly I'm surprised that we don't have a landslide so far in favor of the aluminum. I thought there were very few fans of the black plastic look.
I kept my mouth shut about liking black until this thread. I thought I was either A. wrong or B. the only one.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
On the Ebony interior, definitely like the brushed Al better.

Not as certain with the two-tone.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sorry guys I'm swimming against the tide on this one, black for me.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Black, because aluminum colored plastic looks cheap to me. I mean, I've seen GM do aluminum-colored plastic knobs recently (check out a Chevy SSR), and it ain't pretty in person - looks and feels toyish. IMHO.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like the black much better. I just wish they would add fake chrome plastic rings around them. Would match better with the air vents, radio, shift boot, and IP.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'd like to take a moment to be wishy-washy...or maybe not.

I like the black on the grey/black dash...I like the aluminum on the tan dash.

I like blondes...or brunettes...or was it red heads :willy:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I am undecided since I have not seen the aluminum knobs with the black interior.
They look good with tan dash.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Aluminum for me. The black is okay but I think the aluminum just adds an extra touch of class. I would have been happy if the bezels around the gauges had also been aluminum in lieu of chrome. I'm more concerned about glare off the chrome than from any brushed aluminum on the dash. My Miata dash is all black and it just can't compare to the look of the Solstice dash with the aluminum knobs. ( Come to think about it, the Solstice dash looks better than my Miata dash even with the black knobs). Aluminum all the way. I hope they are available as an aftermarket item.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I am undecided since I have not seen the aluminum knobs with the black interior.
They look good with tan dash.

LV, see the link in my previous post for a pic of the graphite interior with brushed Al.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts