Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I searched... and searched..

And now someone is going to point me to a thread that I should have found. :brentil:

I'm about to finally take the plunge and order, and I'm daydreaming at the pontiac site building the car with options. :willy:

I'm seriously considering the cloth interior due to how hot leather gets in Texas, but it looks like even if I go with an upgraded radio, I can't get the steering wheel radio controls without buying the premium package...

Am I missing something? Anyone with a cloth interior get the upgraded radio and if so, did you get steering wheel radio buttons?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
If you like the cloth THAT much more than leather...

...apparently the controls on the radio are in SUCH an easy place, that most people aren't even using steering wheel controls.

I personally love leather seats, and leather steering wheel. I could care less about the radio controls.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, that's right, the steering wheel wouldn't be leather either would it... or the shift knob. Yea, I'm probably leaning back to leather. It just seems the radio controls would be part of the radio upgrade rather than the leather.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha, I see that Mitch has a cloth interior!

But none of the pics quite show the steering wheel. How bout it Mitch? Can you take one more pic of that gorgeous aggressive ride?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
This is one of my pet peeves too. That's why I hope Pontiac fixes this problem for 2007. It makes no sence to tie leather-wrapped steering wheel and radio controls to the seating surface. That's like only offering LSD if they get the Monsoon stereo. :mad:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Fortimir said:
If you like the cloth THAT much more than leather...

...apparently the controls on the radio are in SUCH an easy place, that most people aren't even using steering wheel controls.

I personally love leather seats, and leather steering wheel. I could care less about the radio controls.
I guess I'm in the minority. I LOVE the steering wheel controls, both radio and cruise control buttons. I find them very easy to operate with my thumbs - so used to them now that I don't even have to look at 'em!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
I guess I'm in the minority. I LOVE the steering wheel controls, both radio and cruise control buttons. I find them very easy to operate with my thumbs - so used to them now that I don't even have to look at 'em!
I think we all love the controls, but we don't like leather. With the current setup you can't have the controls and cloth seats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aztek, I don't think you will find the leather too bad, even in the texas heat. I have leather in mine and have even gone so far as to leave the top down for a couple of hours while I'm at work in the middle of the afternoon (I work on an air force base so I'm not too worried about theft). When I go to sit down, yes it is a little warm, but since I'm wearing long pants it isn't bad. I've never been a fan of leather, but I love the leather in this car. I don't think you'd regret getting it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
stang said:
I think we all love the controls, but we don't like leather. With the current setup you can't have the controls and cloth seats.
:agree:
First thing I'd change. Makes no sense :banghead:

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Worst case:
I wonder if we could arrange a swap with a dealer. They get a totally stock Solstice and get to put leather seats in it and we get the car we wanted. :yesnod:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check dori-sans pics of his Aggressive in a parking lot posted I think on Oct. 31. He has cloth seats and I thought I saw controls on the left spoke of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
stang said:
Having upset customers who don't have the car they want is no way to make money.
Bundling options isn't exactly a way to make customers angry to a point where they won't buy the car. :lol:

Damnit, GM! You just lost a sale because I HAVE to get foglights AND cruise control!!! *shakes fist*

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
hmm, that's right, the steering wheel wouldn't be leather either would it... or the shift knob. Yea, I'm probably leaning back to leather. It just seems the radio controls would be part of the radio upgrade rather than the leather.
Leather shift knob is standard.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
I love cruise control on the steering wheel, but radio controls I could take or leave.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Campbell said:
Aztek, I don't think you will find the leather too bad, even in the texas heat. I have leather in mine and have even gone so far as to leave the top down for a couple of hours while I'm at work in the middle of the afternoon (I work on an air force base so I'm not too worried about theft). When I go to sit down, yes it is a little warm, but since I'm wearing long pants it isn't bad. I've never been a fan of leather, but I love the leather in this car. I don't think you'd regret getting it.
Thanks, I probably will, although I wear shorts most of the time in the summer.

ATReincke said:
Check dori-sans pics of his Aggressive in a parking lot posted I think on Oct. 31. He has cloth seats and I thought I saw controls on the left spoke of the steering wheel.
Going to look for them now. Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
just made a post @ this but it disappeared -- if it comes up and this is a repeat, sorry. Steering wheel controls are part of convenience package as well as premium (leather). So you can have cloth and still have wheel controls. That's what I have or will have when I get mine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just for the record I ordered the monsoon stereo, the convienience package, and CLOTH interior. My order sheet clearly states that I have the radio controls on my steering wheel. The dealer also told me this. I'm not too worried if it's wrong, mainly I wanted Cruise Control, but I'm quite certain that you can get radio controls on the wheel with cloth interior.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts