Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can see a pic of the cloth seat option? I am placing my Solstice order tomorrow, and thinking of cloth seats (leather looks too worn after 50K)... But I'd really like to see how the cloth seat looks in the Solstice...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i haven't seen any pics with cloth seats but i'm anxious to see if anyone else has. i will likely have to get cloth seats.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Early order survival guide under my sig, post #4 has the swatch of color for cloth. Unfortunately it's only a swatch not a full picture.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
All of the interior pics I have seen are with the steel/tan leather or rarelt the ebony leather.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Danno said:
Does anyone know where I can see a pic of the cloth seat option? I am placing my Solstice order tomorrow, and thinking of cloth seats (leather looks too worn after 50K)... But I'd really like to see how the cloth seat looks in the Solstice...
Au contrare, mon ami.
My experience with G.M. leather in convertibles (2 Camaro convertibles, I Olds convertible and 1 Firebird convertible) is that G.M. leather is bullet proof. That it looks as good after 3 -4 years as it does when coming out of the showroom.
OTOH, if the Solstice was being built by BMW, I'd agree with you.
Ironically it's because BMW has a high grade of leather which stetches, sags and scuffs easily. The G.M. leather (which is a much lower grade, but also far less expensive), wears extremely well, doesn't sag, or stretch or scuff.
Don't pass up on the leather if your concern is how well it will hold up -- it will...

·
5,641 Posts
NytLyt said:
Sadly, you still cannot get red paint on a steel/sand interior

We were lead to believe during the dealer broadcast for the EOP, that the green and red exteriors would be available to order with the steel/sand interior. Hasn't happen yet, but as of March 23rd, it had just been approved. Since the EOP cars go first and they don't have to be ordered until the 6pm on the 25th (although they can be ordered after they are accepted on the 15th), there is plenty of time for them to change the order systems.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My wife's Alero has leather seats and they look fantastic after four years. Once a year she goes over the seats with the conditioner the dealer gave her and the seats look fantastic. Even our chocolate lab who occsionally rides in the back seat hasn't done any damage to them. I'm ordering leather as my seat option.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
FL so are you going to get the cloth or leather? I also live in FL but am going to try leather,tan and grey, for the first time in ages. Hope they are not too hot. Guess I will have to carry a towel to throw on them when it sits in the sun. I have not gotten leather before because in FL I found that when you sit in them you get hotter than cloth but again feel this car looks better in leather. Guess for looks I will suffer. Hope the AC is real good.---

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Zavean said:
FL so are you going to get the cloth or leather? I also live in FL but am going to try leather,tan and grey, for the first time in ages. Hope they are not too hot. Guess I will have to carry a towel to throw on them when it sits in the sun. I have not gotten leather before because in FL I found that when you sit in them you get hotter than cloth but again feel this car looks better in leather. Guess for looks I will suffer. Hope the AC is real good.---
Ahh whatever, I got the black leather with no AC. I figure I can fry a pound of bacon in the passengers seat when no one is sitting there.

·
Registered
670 Posts
leather - yes or no?

We are getting the black leather even though Florida does get some warm weather. A towel works well to dampen the heat. I too have found that the better "quality" softer leathers do not do well in the long run. I would get that in my next Rolls or Bently but not in a car where you are in and out a lot. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question. Just ordered my Solstice, Pure (white), and the dealer told me that the leather package was not available yet. Is this true? It just wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
gasturbineguy said:
Quick question. Just ordered my Solstice, Pure (white), and the dealer told me that the leather package was not available yet. Is this true? It just wouldn't make sense.
I ordered leather on mine and there was no issue of availability. Pontiac is not offering the steel/sand leather combo with certain exterior colors.

I beleive there is delay with On-Star, Chrome Wheels and not until next year for auto trans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
PAS22 said:
I believe there is delay with On-Star, Chrome Wheels and not until next year for auto trans.
Yes, OnStar has been delayed. The GM site that NytLyt mentioned above mentions that this option has been deleted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts