Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Solstice #6611 on 1-6-06 from my dealer. I received all the normal paperwork that comes with a new car. My dealer told me if I read anything to look at a 20 page booklet titled "Getting to know your 2006 Solstice". Quick referance guide to the car to accompany the Owners manual.

Has everyone received these?

The reason I ask is that on page 16 of the booklet under manual transmission operating tips the following is stated:

"During an abrupt torque transfer(e.g., 1st to 2nd gearshift at low engine speeds, or abrupt de-clutching), you may notice feedback noise that could be ibtepreted as clunking or rattling. This audible feedback noise is normal and will not compromise the reliability of the clutch, transmission, or differental.":leaving:

Looks like the Clunking has made it into Vehicle documents print now.:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I didn't get anything like that with my first 1000 Sol. Obviously the clunk would not have been mentioned, but no "Getting to know..." book with mine.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I have it also and I am a 1st 1K.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got it but haven't looked through it yet. Suppose I prolly should...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I picked up my Solstice #6611 on 1-6-06 from my dealer. I received all the normal paperwork that comes with a new car. My dealer told me if I read anything to look at a 20 page booklet titled "Getting to know your 2006 Solstice". Quick referance guide to the car to accompany the Owners manual.

Has everyone received these?

The reason I ask is that on page 16 of the booklet under manual transmission operating tips the following is stated:

"During an abrupt torque transfer(e.g., 1st to 2nd gearshift at low engine speeds, or abrupt de-clutching), you may notice feedback noise that could be ibtepreted as clunking or rattling. This audible feedback noise is normal and will not compromise the reliability of the clutch, transmission, or differental.":leaving:

Looks like the Clunking has made it into Vehicle documents print now.:yesnod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts