Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 RedLine and my cluster is dead. The center info lights work and the back lighting works but the gauges (speedo, tach, fuel level and DIC) do not function.

I have checked all the fuses and they are OK, no codes on my scanner, and everything seem to work as normal... only weird thing is the security light (amber car with the line through it) comes on once in a while.

Any ideas?

--Christian

·
Registered
292 Posts
Turn the dimmer control knob all the way
up on the dash.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have an 08 RedLine and my cluster is dead. The center info lights work and the back lighting works but the gauges (speedo, tach, fuel level and DIC) do not function.

I have checked all the fuses and they are OK, no codes on my scanner, and everything seem to work as normal... only weird thing is the security light (amber car with the line through it) comes on once in a while.

Any ideas?

--Christian
I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Please keep us updated on the dash problem. If you would like this looked into, please send us a PM with your VIN#, name, situation, contact information, dealership, and mileage. I hope this can be resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Matt,

Thank you for your offer but after my last experiences with GM dealerships and service departments, I would rather fix this myself.

But if you have schematics, test procedures, or just some tips you would like to post, I would appreciate that.

--Christian

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All fuses checked and rechecked then checked by another engineer and rechecked by that engineer, then just for **** and giggles the BCM, ECU, and Cluster fuses were replaced.

Brand new Optima battery, correct charging voltage and engine off voltage (14.5vDC and 12.1 vDC).

Radio is removed, but that has never effected the gauges before, only the door chime and turn signal clicking.

Alarm untouched.

My gauges do not do the sweep test.

I drove around last night using my Daskhawk for my gauges, so the GMLan works.

I'll check the ground Pin.

Luckily I just happen to have an extra gauge cluster, I'll swap that in this afternoon and let yall know what I find out.

Thanks guys keep the ideas coming!

--Christian

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Your cluster and your DIC are deceased......(~no, resist the impulse, it's just too easy - don't forget your New Year's resolution for forego puerile humour....~).

:devil: ;)

PS - hope you track this down - electrical issues can be supremely frustrating even in older cars (spent 3 days once before finding a corroded small ground strap on a plastic bodied TVR) much less the far more complicated modern stuff.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello Matt,

Thank you for your offer but after my last experiences with GM dealerships and service departments, I would rather fix this myself.

But if you have schematics, test procedures, or just some tips you would like to post, I would appreciate that.

--Christian
I'm sorry to you had such a negative experience with dealerships. Unfortunately, I can't diagnose your vehicle online. We can check to see if any recalls or such apply. Let us know what you decide to do for repairs. I hope this is able to be resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed the new gauge cluster and checked all the grounds, I even ran an additional battery ground.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

--Christian

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found it! Y'all were right its was a ground.

Pin 15 grounds behind the drivers seat G304, and the wire was coming out of the terminal. I guess it had just enough contact to read as a ground on my meter but not enough for the gauge cluster to function.

--Christian

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Glad you found it (and shared it with "the community" - this will be valuable to someone down the road!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Please keep us updated on the dash problem. If you would like this looked into, please send us a PM with your VIN#, name, situation, contact information, dealership, and mileage. I hope this can be resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts