Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am looking for information concerning an Ls swap we did ... everything works except i have no Tach, speed , or anything concerning engine diagnostics...

am looking for a way to make this work..
thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Talk with Dave or Wade Lingerer

as near as I can tell there is ONE tuner who has a tune for the LS swap who will provide a tune that actually works. Mallett has another one but he will not share it.

Ken is the guy who has built the tune and maintains it. To get to Ken talk with Dave or Wade.

I had TWO world class tuners attempt to tune my car using the two major tool suites that are currently in the market and neither could make the car fully functional.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob
well I ve been dealing with Dave ... and what a nightmare... lets just say am not trying to go down that road again ...i ordered a DIY it from them and it didnt work and i didnt really get any help i hade to get infos where ever i could and i hade to order an other ECM rewire the harness to get the car to finally start .... ohh by the way
its a 06 solstice with and ls2 swap with a 6l80e trani from an 08 vette ( with the electronic transaxle in the rear just like the vette) so anywayz ... the only thing i have left to do is to get the cluster to work ....i will try to get in touch with Ken true Wade
thanx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Contact mallett, pm me and I will give u his cell

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Thanks Rob
well I ve been dealing with Dave ... and what a nightmare... lets just say am not trying to go down that road again ...i ordered a DIY it from them and it didnt work and i didnt really get any help i hade to get infos where ever i could and i hade to order an other ECM rewire the harness to get the car to finally start .... ohh by the way
its a 06 solstice with and ls2 swap with a 6l80e trani from an 08 vette ( with the electronic transaxle in the rear just like the vette) so anywayz ... the only thing i have left to do is to get the cluster to work ....i will try to get in touch with Ken true Wade
thanx
Hi Chris,

I believe I have tried to help you out as much as I can given the information I received. As you know working over the phone and via e-mail can be extremely frustrating so I apologize for that. I also apologize but I have been out of town a lot lately as well. The last issue I beleive we were working on together was how to get the ECM to see a "Park" signal to give the start output, how were you able to resolve that?

As far as the cluster functionality goes that is all done via CAN bus comminucation from the ECM to the BCM to the gauge cluster so the CAN bus wires have to be connected as they were on the Solstice originally as per our harness.

Any other questions please let me know as I am back in town now.

Rob - The only tuning currently that is offered on the Kappa/LSx ECM harness combinations is through LS2 edit.

Hope that helps!

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Dave,
I learned the hard (and expensive) way about tuning. When my car came home it was having a lot of what I thought were tuning related issues. In retrospect Doctor Dave was correct when he advised me on ways to fix it but I went another way and it cost me a lot of time and money. Along the way I learned that HP tuners can't do a 2.0 car (or refuses to do it) and that the only off the shelf package is as you point out LS2 edit based. Ken did my tune and hand built the ECMs in the three conversions done in SC. Since installing the latest version of that tune, everything but for the cruise control is working normally. Eventually we hope they solve the cruise issue so it will work again.

Unfortunately a lot of people (including myself) drank the coolaid and believed what they were told by "others" and only later figure out that there is a very limited set of options for the LS conversion in the Solstice / Sky.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My car was finished by Dr. Dave last month and, except for the cruise control, everything works fine and the car runs great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts