Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal has been sticking part was down after shifting gears, and then "pops" back up into place a few seconds later. Anyone else having a problem? I do have an appt with dealer tomorrow, but get better info here. (Just someone please tell me it's not the driver)

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
My clutch pedal has been sticking part was down after shifting gears, and then "pops" back up into place a few seconds later. Anyone else having a problem? I do have an appt with dealer tomorrow, but get better info here. (Just someone please tell me it's not the driver)

OK, I'll tell you it's not the driver. It is the loose nut behind the wheel. :lol: :lol:

Are you riding the pedal and letting the clutch up slowly? Or are you quick on the clutch?

You can also have someone watch under the dash and under the hood (if you can see the moving parts) if something is binding on the linkage. You could also feel along the shaft that goes through the firewall to see if it is rough or slightly bent which can leadto sticking pedals. Be sure to check the spring on the pdeal to make sure it is not binding on something.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GO_DRVN said:
OK, I'll tell you it's not the driver. It is the loose nut behind the wheel. :lol: :lol:] NO DOUBT :lol: :lol:

Are you riding the pedal and letting the clutch up slowly? Or are you quick on the clutch?

Thanks for the ideas - everything seems fine. I seem to be quick enough on clutch, and let my foot "hover" waiting to shif to next gear, which is when I get tapped in the foot by the clutch pedal returning to the "normal" height. It can take 2 seconds, or as long as 8 for it to pop back into place. I'll provide more info after dealer looks at it today

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
hovering not recommended. The left foot belongs on the floor to the left of the clutch when not actually engaging the clutch.

GO DRVN's advice sounds good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any resolution?

Was the sticking clutch problem ever identified?
This is the closest to my situation that I found in a search of the posts.

My situation: I've discovered that the clutch pedal does not return to the fully up position after I change gears. It does return ~mostly~ out but then seems to stick on that last 1/4 to 1/2 inch or so. If I put my toe under the clutch pedal then I can put a little pressure on the backside of the pedal and pop it fully up. But without popping it back up with my toe, it "sticks" just short of fully up, like there's a little detent or something catching it. I don't reallly think "the spring isn't strong enough" because it pops back up with enough force to where you hear the spring go "boing" and feel it thump into the fully up position.

I'm not "hovering" or riding the clutch or anything. I'll fully remove my foot from the clutch and drive for a while and then I can put my toe under the pedal and pop it up.

I haven't crawled under the dash yet to see if there's anything hanging it up. I'll try to do that this evening.

Honestly, if you never stuck your toe under the pedal and popped the pedal back up I don't know if I'd you'd notice this. But once you know it's there it is bothersome. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has this problem or a solution.

Had my '07 GXP for almost 3 weeks now. It's been cold (for TX) so only 800 miles of fun so far.
I went with Pure (and happy I did) but envious and mean were strong contenders!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Some corvette owners mention this pedal sticking scenerio..

Change out the fluid in the clutch master with a clean turkey baster and refill using appropriate fluid for your cars clutch master...

Be careful not to get on the paint.

Might help.

If the car is stock take it back to the dealer to have them cover under warranty.

Its a warranty item so thats the route you most probably should go..

sorry to hear it happening on the solstice too..

(While in warranty gm covered the complete repairs)

after three clutch assemby's installed and the issue reappears I'm following the Ranger draw and refill meathod each month...Literally takes about ONE minute to do..

Its not your driving style but rather design issue.

My next GM vehicle unless I see a complete resolution will be a paddle shifter for this reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts