Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I’m wrong but does our clutch use the brake fluid for operation? We don’t have a separate system for the clutch?

If so, I recently had the brake system flushed and refilled. I typically do this myself but it was already in the shop for another fix and I was in the process of moving so I didn’t have time or room. Ever since they did this, when the clutch is pushed in it makes a strange sound. It’s kind of like a squeaky spring. There’s no difference in engagement except 2-3 shift sometimes is a little rough and that might have been happening before the fluid change. Any idea what could be causing this noise? It’s not very loud but just a little annoying. Thanks for your info

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,398 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong but does our clutch use the brake fluid for operation? We don’t have a separate system for the clutch?
Yes it does, but the clutch is supposed to be self-bleeding, so check your brake fluid every so often as it may be a bit low. There is no way that I have ever read to bleed the clutch manually.

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
Could the squeak be the pedal pivot? I can think of nothing on the hydraulic end that would make any noise, so my first thought is that it is a coincidence.

I did have a problem when I flushed one of mine and a piece of something got down into the master cylinder. It blocked the fluid inlet port and I completely lost the use of the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts