1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the link to our clutch slave cylinder spacer -

Error 404 File Not Found - Doteasy.com

big thanks to werks for speedy answer !

reading the info says almost an inch gain wellllllllll beyond this $35 washer .........i'm just not convinced ALMOST an inch is enough ??

is there anything else i can do to get another inch - before i try this spacer ??????

its not the spacer but the LABOR !! thats ridiculous.......... i emailed spec but no answer from them ....... HATS OFF TO WERKS FOR SPEEDY ANSWER AND THEIR SOLUTION....... I'M JUST NOT CONVINCED almost an inch is going to be enough :skep:
before i go through the labor $$$$$$$ to get this eighth of an inch washer - that promises almost an inch of relief...........what else ????

anybody here got anything else ?? will 2 of these give me inch an a half ?? LOL........
i thought i was DONE with clutch !!......beyond engagement i'm all good !
this is an absolute bummer paying labor again just to add a washer - i just want to know if there are any other OPTIONS - get as much clearance as possible and not find out later :brentil: there was something else that would have given me MORE slack..........

the werks link ?? but its good on pm........ i'm assuming i can only use one of these werks spacers or they'd have thicker ones for more gain ?

finally got a coupla OT days and gotta bite this bullet soon -

i figure someone has solved this issue or can reassure me this 8th inch washer spacer is all i need ....
.... i'd sure feel better about 2 inches

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm about to be in the same boat as you and was wondering this myself. I don't think there is any way to circumvent pulling the tranny, buy hopefully the spacer will Gove you want your looking for

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My SPEC 3+ engages half an inch from the TOP, almost too quickly especially from a stop being unsprung. I have a thousand or so miles on it now and it's still about the same.

Everything that came with the clutch kit was installed.
did a spacer come with clutch and flywheel ? what kit ?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about to be in the same boat as you and was wondering this myself. I don't think there is any way to circumvent pulling the tranny, buy hopefully the spacer will Gove you want your looking for

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
yeah i know it has to be pulled - just don't want to find out AFTER THE FACT AGAIN -that there was additional remedy or solution

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the spec-3 clutch and aluminum flywheel and my clutch was right on the floor . I put the spacer in and it was still just off the floor, the local speed shop said to change the clutch slave cylinder. I did that and had no clutch, how do you bleed these things. I have the motor out now, can anyone help. Jonesy

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kit idkfa

i'm still waiting on an answer from spec......

if idkfa got a ''kit'' with his clutch and flywheel and it engages high ......wellllll whatever kit he got must be the solution.......

i'm not having this beeeeeyatch pulled apart till i know ALL my options......i did replace the slave ....dint think necessary but did anyway....

change what ? :cuss: i'm not aware of any other slave cylinder other than oem .........could yuh be more specific......

jones - they used what i can best describe as a vacum pump machine to bleed it......big boxy thing that i believe pulled a vaccum or sucked air out ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
i'm still waiting on an answer from spec......

if idkfa got a ''kit'' with his clutch and flywheel and it engages high ......wellllll whatever kit he got must be the solution.......

i'm not having this beeeeeyatch pulled apart till i know ALL my options......i did replace the slave ....dint think necessary but did anyway....

change what ? :cuss: i'm not aware of any other slave cylinder other than oem .........could yuh be more specific......

jones - they used what i can best describe as a vacum pump machine to bleed it......big boxy thing that i believe pulled a vaccum or sucked air out ?
You know it is susposed to be self bleeding and I have had the clutch out several times and it never did engauge unless my foot was almost on the floor, I got a custome made shifter with a line loc and can't really power shift because the pedal has to be on the floor. I actually had to replace syncros twice in the tranny, because of that clutch pedal. I will check into the pump, thanks. Jonesy

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Clutch kit is just a term, pressure plate, disc, etc. Pt number SC443F from SPEC. Pretty sure it came with a little silver ring that looks like a spacer, about 2-3 inches in diameter?
I'm using a resurfaced, stock flywheel and engagement is extremely high (plus picked up a new slave off ebay).

This is the first time I've ever heard of it being that high but I also have some weird rotational noise/clunking now off-throttle with the clutch engaged (so probably not the clutch but it did start immediately after the swap) and strange gear noise under throttle in 5th around 2k RPM. I haven't had the time to get back to the shop to have them check it out.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clutch kit is just a term, pressure plate, disc, etc. Pt number SC443F from SPEC. Pretty sure it came with a little silver ring that looks like a spacer, about 2-3 inches in diameter?
I'm using a resurfaced, stock flywheel and engagement is extremely high (plus picked up a new slave off ebay).

This is the first time I've ever heard of it being that high but I also have some weird rotational noise/clunking now off-throttle with the clutch engaged (so probably not the clutch but it did start immediately after the swap) and strange gear noise under throttle in 5th around 2k RPM. I haven't had the time to get back to the shop to have them check it out.
yeah lil silver ring 2-3 inches sounds like similar to wat ''werks' has mine had some rotational noise etc ,stiff ......pretty much smoothed out during break-in.......

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
check the measured diameter and depth of your release bearing and email a picture of the bearing to me for examination.........
this is email from spec - CAN ANYONE tell me what this is i'm supposed to measure ?.......can i see it or would that require the transmission being pulled ? is it under the pedal ? inside the car ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
is there anything else i can do to get another inch
I'M JUST NOT CONVINCED almost an inch is going to be enough
will 2 of these give me inch an a half ??
.... i'd sure feel better about 2 inches
they have pills for that now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
seriously
check the measured diameter and depth of your release bearing and email a picture of the bearing to me for examination.........
can someone explain what and where this is.......i'm pretty sure this ''spec'' tech / manager is a tool ........ 1st email whats part # , 2nd email - when i buy it ..........3rd email - finally getting someplace MAYBE ????? unless he thinks i can run out back,drop the tranny and send him a pic ............

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DDM or Werks might have one laying around.
have what laying around ??????? ,,,,,

anyway

werks answered immediately and left me a link to a spacer -

spec is finally telling me about a ''bearing cap '' and spacer.......but its like pulling teeth - waiting on 4th email :devil:

hopefully explore alllllllllll my options......idk if bearing cap and spacer are the same thing...........if i could get TWO sources of
almost an inch....it'd prolly be perfect

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.