Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughs? I have an 06 and i am replacing the hydraulic throw out bearing for the third time. first clutch was a excdy stg. 2. i currently have the clutch that came with the hahn stg. 2, which i don't know brand.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hello, I have DDM's stage 3 clutch. It has worked a treat though I did have an issue installing it, which turned out to be a bad throw bearing. Sourced another one and been smiling ever since. :)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I have the Stage III clutch and flywheel and it has been great so far. Just the driver needed some adjusting:lol:. Had Dave replace my bearing when clutch was installed.:thumbs::cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts
i went with the DDM stage 3 also loving it ever since and i replace the bearing and slave at the same time with the OEM one well worth the insurance.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Going to hi-jack the thread if I may. Have an 07 N/A - stock through and through. 59k miles on it. Noticed last weekend that the first 4 or 5 shifts after setting still (overnight or for several hours) I get a hellacious noise when I push the clutch pedal in. Sure sounds like a worn bearing vibrating.

Think it's my throw-out bearing?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Any thoughs? I have an 06 and i am replacing the hydraulic throw out bearing for the third time. first clutch was a excdy stg. 2. i currently have the clutch that came with the hahn stg. 2, which i don't know brand.
It's started leaking twice?? That's nuts.

I'm about to install a Spec 3+ and after reading all the horror stories of trusted shops having issues with the slave (especially ZZZBill's horror story), I haven't been super confident about swapping it out while I'm in there.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
It's started leaking twice?? That's nuts.

I'm about to install a Spec 3+ and after reading all the horror stories of trusted shops having issues with the slave (especially ZZZBill's horror story), I haven't been super confident about swapping it out while I'm in there.
Just make sure that you order the correct part number and you will be fine, although you can re-use the slave cylinder that is in the car it is not recommended.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Yeah, it does seem as that's the problem with almost everyone's install (except the one who kinked the line) and I did buy 24249818. Other than the serial, is there anything visual that will tell them apart?

2007-09 GENUINE SOLSTICE SKY CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER 2.4L ENGINE 24249818 | eBay
The biggest difference is the heights, so if you set the old one next to the new one, they should be the same height, if they are, you are good to go.

The part numbers are -
2.0L Slave cylinder - 24234308 retail $154.73
2.4L Slave cylinder - 24249818 retail $201.81

So you should be good.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Right the heck on! Just for piece of mind when I'm immobile :)

Thanks again Dave. While you're here, for OP, any idea what would cause them to start leaking so rapidly?
I have no idea why the OP would have gone through 2 slave cylinders and be on his third. The Exedy Stage 2 does have a relatively stiff pressure plate which will cause more stress on the slave and may have contributed to 1 failure. Not sure what HAHN is selling with their kit, who makes it, specs, etc.

Randy's test car has been through all kinds of clutches for testing and we have never replaced the slave cylinder on his car and it is holding up fine.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Yeah, it does seem as that's the problem with almost everyone's install (except the one who kinked the line) and I did buy 24249818. Other than the serial, is there anything visual that will tell them apart?

2007-09 GENUINE SOLSTICE SKY CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER 2.4L ENGINE 24249818 | eBay
That would be I who kinked the line. I replaced my slave cylinder and the needle bearing just because I was in there and with autocrossing I'm not exactly the most friendly to clutch parts. :)

Never had an issued with my Spec 3+, love it... it works so well that I broke the housing off the rear differential transferring torque back there... and the clutch didn't slip at all! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts