Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Clutchmasters sells it as their own Clutch for $750
I understand they should have a markup over the parts prices and probably are also adding a larger margin to cover any eventual "development costs" such as maybe some testing to see what worked best. And some profit for that "work" plus keeping the item listed and on stock etc.

Assembling other companies parts to make an “aftermarket” clutch (I.e. doing the work to figure it all out) and marking it up for profit is fine, but you should proabably add some value to your design
That I agree with, and maybe you should get on the phone with Clutch Masters to solve any doubts you have before you install the kit and risk not being able to get a refund because clutches are wear items. If you do not feel confident about their response, or realise you're not going to be covered by a good healthy warranty policy, you might as well just return the kit right away.

I guess I will have to go Spec as I don’t know who else to trust…
I was going to suggest their name, or Exedy, but only on the basis of being famous as I never tried any of their products. But aren't them the guys that can make a custom clutch for you if your car is not on catalog? Maybe you could specify target HP and torque and have them work out a solution for you. Might be expensive but might be worth the price of having a working and failsafe design. And you might talk them into reducing the price if you can cobble up a group buy at the forum for, say, 5 units at least? Plus they will be able to have it on catalog from then on.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If you go with thicker oil on the transmission won't you solve one issue and create others? For one I'm thinking shifting might become harder if you use, say, a 120 GL oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts