Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK...I've done my search and I can't find it(yet!)
Subject is ...........storage in the cockpit.
1. You've got your glove box
2. You've got your netting behind the seats.
3. You have the sleeve at the front of the seat
4. You do not have anything in the door to store maps etc.
5. You have your pop out between the seats for your CD's
Questions is........IS THAT IT ?
no center console ? When I sat in 158, the hand brake was all that was mounted on the tranny hump( and it's kinda high up- isn't it?)
Where do you put your toll coins...your garage door opener ...your shades etc. Cargo pants ???

Did I miss it- or is that all the storage (in cockpit) that we have.
Not bitching...just asking

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
You have one up me, because I have not even seen one up close, let alone sat in one. :( However, I do know that there is a storage "slot" on the "kick" plate (next to both seats). They say it was designed to allow you to place a cell phone, coins and ect.

I had a toll booth near my home in AL and I bought a decal; however, they offered a card also. I saved money (10%) and had the peace of mind that I always had toll money.

I believe that storage space will be a thing you loose with any roadster. JMHO

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
druid-2 said:
no center console ? When I sat in 158, the hand brake was all that was mounted on the tranny hump( and it's kinda high up- isn't it?)
Where do you put your toll coins...your garage door opener ...your shades etc. Cargo pants ???

I think you can get some kind of storage fro accessories advantage check with GMpartsdirect. Also if you get the smokers package the the ash try is a great place for coins.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
There are supposed to be map pockets on the back of both seats. I have them on the seats in my Grand Prix. Basically a slot in the seat back that accesses a pocket where you can slide maps, papers, etc. I have a small road atlas stored in the one on my Grand Prix.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what you are alll confirming is

that there is no large center console....
the biggest storage area is the one between the seats !!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's It

druid-2 said:

That's pretty much it except for the pockets on the rear of each seat. I use the front pouch in front of the seat for my sunglasses, garage door opener (bought a new one that is 1"x2"), and cell phone. CD's in storage unit between the seats, manuals are in the glove box. I really wish they had storage bins on the door panels and a place designed for sunglasses. Oh well...

·
Registered
152 Posts
CDs?

no need to store CDs if you have an iPod : )

Save space, get a Nano.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but where will I store all my vinyl '78's

as George Carlin says

man .... you gotta have a place for your stuff

everybody's got STUFF !!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
deluke said:
I think you can get some kind of storage fro accessories advantage check with GMpartsdirect. Also if you gat the ash smokers package the the ash try is a great place for coins.
So... it's actually benefitial to get the smokers package for that bit of extra space.. huh.

·
Registered
576 Posts
druid-2 said:

You missed:
6. You have a pocket on the Back of both seats
7. You have a door sill tray for pens, phones, etc. Like a door pocket but not on the door

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
lupado said:
So... it's actually benefitial to get the smokers package for that bit of extra space.. huh.

If you want some place to keep coins and don't smoke. What is it an extra 60.00 ?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
deluke said:
If you want some place to keep coins and don't smoke. What is it an extra 60.00 ?
One of the Forum sponsors was offering it aftermarket (OEM) for $25, I believe.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually #2 in my note was meant to include the pocket as well as the netting (lo siento)
I did not see the slot in the door....Mark.....is it there?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Personally I would not want a door storage area in a roadster. The one on my Burb just ends up collecting crap anyway. JMHO

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I have one storage solution that I plan on trying for things like my sunglasses, cell phone, garage door opener, etc. I got it as a freebie at a conference, and have been saving it for my Sol, if I ever get it.

It is called a "Cell Mate" and advertises that it "Magically holds cell phone in place without slipping or sliding" "magically clings to dash matching any contour" "no adhesives" "non magnetic" "washable, re-usable, movable"

The instructions do contain warnings to be sure and not place it over the air bag, and to move its location once a week to prevent uneven fading of the dashboard.

I don't know how you would actually buy one, as they seem to be the kind of thing you would buy to give away free to advertise your business. Hey, maybe Troy could check them out, and perhaps sell them with a Solsticeforum.com logo on them for a small fee.

Anyway, here is a picture. If my Solstice ever gets built, I'll try it out and let you all know how well it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get a gay fanny pack

Stop worrying about storage and focus on keeping the pedal down. There's plenty of space on the floor on the passenger side.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the thumbnail

looks like it is flat with a non-skid pad on it.
hope it holds.....cornering at .90 will cause a lot of sideways motion

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do you really need all that space for "stuff".Then improvise if you need "stuff room".Or you can just "stuff it" :lol: :yesnod: :cool:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
druid-2 said:
looks like it is flat with a non-skid pad on it.
hope it holds.....cornering at .90 will cause a lot of sideways motion
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing, but until I get my Solstice, operational testing will have to be delayed.

I'm thinking that the center console area might be a better spot for the cell mate pad. That way, even if your phone goes shooting off the pad, it should still stay in the cockpit somewhere, rather than go shooting off the dashboard into the great blue yonder.

·
Registered
218 Posts
egrips

If you're looking for some traction for your phone or ipod try egrips

I have them on my treo and they work great, i can lay my phone on the dash and it stays put.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts