Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing a PO236 code the past few weeks on my 2009 Gxp with the GM Tune upgrade, and with 45K miles. I have reset the code once but it returned.

The description is: P0236: Turbo/Super Charger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance.

The cause is listed as: Engine speed over 2400 rpm (Test 1), then the PCM detected that the Actual Boost Pressure input was higher than, lower than or equal to 20 kPa from the Desired value, or with the engine speed between 1800-2400 (Test 2), the PCM detected that the Actual Boost Pressure input was higher than, lower than or equal to 20 kPa from the Desired value, condition met for 12 seconds.

Is this something relative simple, dirt or sensor or is it something major. turbo?

Thank you for the feedback

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Since it's an '09 and still under warranty, let the dealer figure it out. Should be N/C.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Best guess: The lock nuts on the WG adjustment came loose.

But yes, take it to the dealer if still under warranty.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
On your GM Tune, Are your connectors to the sensors Crimped or Soldered?
Make sure the connections are soldered. Many problems exists because of the crimped connectors. Most were installed with the crimped connectors. These have been notorious for throwing error codes.

Host for the 2012 PNWR 4th Annual Regionals
July 19-22, 2012 Clarkston, WA
http://www.portlandroadsters.com/ind...id=71&Itemid=1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STVZ CARZ.

I soldered the connections, yes they were crimped, some seemed loose. I will drive the Sol today. Thanks for the suggestions. If I get the code again, off to the dealer I go.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Agree with STVZ. I'll bet that was your problem (I had the same thing). Good luck!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I always forget about the stupid crimp connectors on the GMPP installs. (solder mine myself about 2 weeks after the install)

That is probably it. But if not, pull the heat shield off the turbo and double check the lock nuts on the WG, before you take it to the dealer. Because that is another super easy fix, if it happens to be your problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took the Sol for a spin today. All Good but I did not push her. She seemed to run smoother than when I got the code. I will check the Waste Gate. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I would bet you are fixed. I have been through a similar issue with a few folks. Below is some good advice I was given from Crate Engine Depot where I originally bought my stage kit.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Maybe I should paste it in this time. Again this is in reference to the P0236 code.

Here is what GM said:

I would look at the following in this order:

1. Wiring rub on the MAP sensor at the intake manifold. Resistance can be checked on the wiring harness per the service manual.
2. Check the purge solenoid fro proper function
3. A system leak some where, cracked intercooler, intercooler to throttle body tube leak (most likely around the PCV connection), check all intercooler connections (run a smoke test). O-Rings
4. Check the ECM Baro sensor breathing hole.
5. Faulty MAP and or TMAP sensor, replace.
6. Replace the ECM, possible bad driver
7. Replace the engine wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Sorry folks, I am a little scatter brained tonight. The first thing to do is always solder connections. For item 2. above - Dave at DDMWorks has You Tube on how to check it.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Good Question. I think it is on the underside of the ECM which is hard to see. I will see what I can find out. Anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the information. I checked the Waste Gate nut. All tight. I drove the Sol a little harder yesterday all okay. I do believe it was the Sh--ty crimp connectors. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts