Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just got back from my dealer. I moved to code 3400 I dont know if it means anything my dealer says I dont have a production date yet. I thought it meant the car is being built does the dealer know what he is talking about? :willy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, your dealer can be correct. All 3400 means is that they accepted your order.(which is good) but I wouldn't expect your Sol at least for a 3 more months.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
Hi everyone just got back from my dealer. I moved to code 3400 I dont know if it means anything my dealer says I dont have a production date yet. I thought it meant the car is being built does the dealer know what he is talking about? :willy:
Cars are usually built within 2 weeks of going 3400. ( they weren't giving production dates )Then if it passes the water test ( whick it should seeing they are using the new parts) It could be shipped in 1/3 weeks after it's made. If it's going by train after it's shipped it could take 1/4 weeks.Depending on where it's going.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JRIX22 said:
Yes, your dealer can be correct. All 3400 means is that they accepted your order.(which is good) but I wouldn't expect your Sol at least for a 3 more months.
that would suck if I had to wait three months might have to check myself in to a looney farm :willy: :brentil:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deluke said:
Cars are usually built within 2 weeks of going 3400. ( they weren't giving production dates )Then if it passes the water test ( whick it should seeing they are using the new parts) It could be shipped in 1/3 weeks after it's made. If it's going by train after it's shipped it could take 1/4 weeks.
So you think i got a good chance to get built this month? :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
On my Vehicle Order Event History, Code 3400 Broadcast is the last event before 3800 Produced. Mine went to Produced 16 days after Broadcast.

So hopefully your Solstice will be produced VERY soon! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JRIX22 said:
I guess i should not be complaining got to code 3000 oct 19 and now to 3400 I remember how frustrated iT was not getting picked up had my order in may 19. I guess I should be counting my blessimg now :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gizmo2004 said:
On my Vehicle Order Event History, Code 3400 Broadcast is the last event before 3800 Produced. Mine went to Produced 16 days after Broadcast.

So hopefully your Solstice will be produced VERY soon! Good luck.

thanks You are getting me real excited on getting my adult toy

·
Registered
124 Posts
dave clancy said:

My car went 3400 about Nov 1, and I got a call today for the dealer saying it was built this week (he didn't know if the VOM or the actual date, just passing on what the sales manager told him (who knows the VOM, but seems a little irritated WE want to!))

I believe they are also working tomorrow , Saturday, so you have a very good chance that it will be built in the next few days!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
Two weeks from today is 25 th, but some got built in a week or week and a half.( Thanksgiving day after thanksgiving they will be closed most likely) But ya, I think there is a great chance you get built in November.( Almost positive)( probably next week )You could possibly have you car a 1/2 weeks before Christmas. But If it passes inspection I'm pretty sure you will get it this year could be a few weeks before Christmas.. They are bottle necked in the water department, but now the are also testing them in the old Baltimore plant. This should speed everything up.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eastocean said:
My car went 3400 about Nov 1, and I got a call today for the dealer saying it was built this week (he didn't know if the VOM or the actual date, just passing on what the sales manager told him (who knows the VOM, but seems a little irritated WE want to!))

I believe they are also working tomorrow , Saturday, so you have a very good chance that it will be built in the next few days!
CONGRATS ON YOUR CAR ASK MY DEALER IF MY CAR WOULD GET BUILT THIS MONTH AND SAID NOT LIKELY BUT YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
CONGRATS ON YOUR CAR ASK MY DEALER IF MY CAR WOULD GET BUILT THIS MONTH AND SAID NOT LIKELY BUT YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT :willy:
If you went 3400 already chances are YES. Most dealers really don't know what up with the solstice. In most cases you'll get better info here!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
deluke said:
Two weeks from today is 25 th, but some got built in a week or week and a half.( Thanksgiving day after thanksgiving they will be closed most likely) But ya, I think there is a great chance you get built in November.( Almost positive)( probably next week )You could possibly have you car a 1/2 weeks before Christmas. But If it passes inspection I'm pretty sure you will get it this year could be a few weeks before Christmas.. They are bottle necked in the water department, but now the are also testing them in the old Baltimore plant. This should speed everything up.
WENT TO THE DEALER TODAY FIRST 1000 WAS THEIR FOR THE LEAKING TOP

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats. Mine Event Code History went from being picked up on 9/21/05 (3000) to Broadcast (3400) yesterday, 11/10/05. I am hoping for a Christmas present too.!

Trux

Aggressive with polished wheels, 6 -CD Changer and all other options but smokers and Onstar.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
3800 is the Magic Code!

Number you're looking for is 3800 (BUILT). The wait process shortens after that! Or does the wait process ever end? :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
trux said:
Congrats. Mine Event Code History went from being picked up on 9/21/05 (3000) to Broadcast (3400) yesterday, 11/10/05.

hmmm, methinks trux doth speak with a German accent! :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
oops my bad. Late night typing is not my strong suit.

Trux

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
JRIX22 said:
3400 means broadcast or available to produce

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deluke said:
Cars are usually built within 2 weeks of going 3400. ( they weren't giving production dates )Then if it passes the water test ( whick it should seeing they are using the new parts) It could be shipped in 1/3 weeks after it's made. If it's going by train after it's shipped it could take 1/4 weeks.Depending on where it's going.
What do you mean they wernt giving production dates?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts