Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 06 w/blk leather. Is there anyway I can find out (if there is such a thing) a code # for the hard blk plastic interior trim. I know SEM makes interior spray touch up for almost every car. My door panels need attention with scuff marks that won't come out. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I believe it to be GM's "ebony" -
WA167A

The door panels are polypropylene which doesn't hold paint very well at all. Your best results might be to remove the panel and do the whole thing rather than trying to "feather" it out - it probably won't match well. Even then, it will be susceptible to more scuffing due to the low adhesion properties of the polypropylene.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did mine over using krylon semi gloss black. Cleaned and sprayed 3 coats, then sprayed a mist coat and let dry. Wiped of excess from mist coat and it turned out quite good. Close but not perfect. Would like to buy a pair of used panels to experiment with to try different coatings. If anyone has a pair please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chickenwire is correct. WA167A. I just painted a few trip pieces and they turned out perfectly. Make sure you clean them thoroughly. Then when you think they're clean enough, clean them again. And scuff before you paint. SEM sells a plastic prep/ adhesion promoter and a high build primer for plastic. This is copied and pasted from my last order:
SEM-GM2011GM 2011 Interior Colors
[GM 2011 Interior Colors:WA167A Ebony (4939)]
[CHOOSE SIZE:Quart]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Have you tried a heat gun? Heat the panel up until it just gets shiny, no more, or it will warp. Let it cool, and it will look like new.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I found some stuff from turtle wax, it's called jet black,, black endura shine trim coating. This stuff is amazing. I have used it on the cowl panel and my door panels as well. It's tricky to work with and you have to be very, very careful cause it can leave streaks and hardened spots if it's not feathered or drops get on the material. This stuff has completely reformed my door panels, cowl panel and wheel liner tubs. It is an acrylic coating that I use often in very light coats, but it claims to last over a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts