Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I thought I had the P0101 code fixed (well I did for quite a while), but it is back. Only happens occasionally and usually when it is cold outside. But always after driving it for a week or two with no issues and happens while its been driven (and warmed up) for more than 20 min. All the sensor numbers look good - it just goes into limp mode and I clear it. Does better if I push the car more than usual between shifts.

So another issue is random P030* codes when I start the car after it has been sitting at work all day. Sounds like it is severely missing just after starting and lasts for a short duration then the car runs fine. One day I got P0300, P0301, P0302, P0304 all at once and another just got P0300, P0301, P0303. Clear the codes and the car runs fine. Only happened twice in the last month.

Suggestions? Bad plugs maybe? Car only has 32K on it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Could be plugs and/or coil packs...Mine was having the "mult rand missfire" codes as well and plugs and coil packs fixed it. Not saying this will def fix it, as all problems can be / are different, but it did fix mine. I found the coil packs and plugs on ebay for a great deal.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
hmmm.....sounds like you could have a HPFP going... I'd change your plugs for starters.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. Pulled fuse 41,42,43 for about an hour. 2 of the fuses are ecm and 1 is the turbo run great after the fuses and better then it has in along time . best of all it's free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts