Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and installed the DDM-08-005 Solstice/Sky Stainless Steel Coil Cover by DDMWorks. It fits great, and looks great. I have only one suggestion. The edges are kind of sharp, and press on cables at two locations, the controls in front of the first coil, and where that cable enters, next to the second coil. I added a bit of hard wiper fluid tubing to the front, and a bit of soft wiper fluid or vacuum tubing at the side, after slicing them length-wise. The hard tubing is held in place with a bit of CA glue. See this photo:

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
Mmmmm : I have one on my car bought it a few years ago and don't have these issues you might want to take and grind a little of the edge off. A Dremel tool and a little bit of care should fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I though about rounding the edges, but I'd still have steel pressing pretty hard against the cables, so went with softer protectors. Probably variation in the way the cables were made and routed, that make a difference in how hard the steel presses against them.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not enough slack in the cables for that - I gave it a try. Also, pulling them forward forces the other part of the cable to a position that wouldn't allow it to clear that other opening. My cables must be really tightly made.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
For some reason I did not have this issue when I installed my coil covers provided by DDM.

But seriously, I ran the DDM coil cover on my GXP when it was stokish and never had this problem.:agree:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts