Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m happy owner of solstice 2.4 NA, model 2007, for last 5 years.
I would like to increase the power to ca. 200 HP. I know, I know, many of you suggest to go for more and to install turbo/supercharger kits (I have read these topics at forum), but because I live in Europe in country with lots of rain and snow and the car does not even have ESP or ABS, 200 KM will be enough for now.

I am going to buy cold air intake made by GMPP or K&N, and Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system. Additionally I am thinking on buying Werks Factory ECM with 10+WHP WERKS racing Reflash Tune (from performance autowerks).
I got two questions to you (hope someone can help me).
1. do I need to re-tune the engine computer to install cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust system ?
2. Do you have any good/bad experience with “performance autowerks” and its service of ECM chip reflashing ?

For most of you located in the USA, my concern may sound strange but in Europe in most of tuning places do not want even to hear about tuning the engine of American car. So it can be quite problematic for me if I need to re-tune computer after installing cold air intake and exhaust system.

Greetings,
Tomek3city

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Have both systems on my car now GMPP/Magnaflow easy install just disconnect negative post on battery before you do any work and the computer will make adjustments for the new items.Have dealt with Performance Autowerks and can only say good things about them good luck on the install you will enjoy the changes

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
I’m happy owner of solstice 2.4 NA, model 2007, for last 5 years.
I would like to increase the power to ca. 200 HP. I know, I know, many of you suggest to go for more and to install turbo/supercharger kits (I have read these topics at forum), but because I live in Europe in country with lots of rain and snow and the car does not even have ESP or ABS, 200 KM will be enough for now.

I am going to buy cold air intake made by GMPP or K&N, and Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system. Additionally I am thinking on buying Werks Factory ECM with 10+WHP WERKS racing Reflash Tune (from performance autowerks).
I got two questions to you (hope someone can help me).
1. do I need to re-tune the engine computer to install cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust system ?
2. Do you have any good/bad experience with “performance autowerks” and its service of ECM chip reflashing ?

For most of you located in the USA, my concern may sound strange but in Europe in most of tuning places do not want even to hear about tuning the engine of American car. So it can be quite problematic for me if I need to re-tune computer after installing cold air intake and exhaust system.

Greetings,
Tomek3city
Hello,

The naturally aspirated 2.4L is going to be very tough to get that kind of power out of. The 2.4L typically dyno's around 145hp at the wheels. The best we have seen with an intake, headers, exhaust and tune was right around 160hp at the wheels with most of the cars more in the 155hp range at the wheels, which is not close to the 200hp that you are looking for. The only way to get that kind of power right now with the 2.4L is some kind of forced induction which you do not want to do.

I still definitely recommend doing the tune, intake, exhaust and headers on the 2.4L since even though it is not a huge gain in power, it makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

BTW - taking off your power steering belt will give you 3-4hp peak and around 5-7hp at the wheels in the upper RPM range and it is free to do ;) As long as you can get away without power steering.
Hope that helps,
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts