Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to be a wimp, but I am having a hard time deciding between ordering my Solstice in red or black. (And yes, I do have an ID number so I just have another hour or so to decide!) I would appreciate any comments and opinions on these colors for a very small car. Which color is the most popular for a small sports car? Is black hard to see and so black cars get in more accidents? What do you think of the car in black considering the windshield surround is some sort of silver color?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Del Solstice said:
I hate to be a wimp, but I am having a hard time deciding between ordering my Solstice in red or black. (And yes, I do have an ID number so I just have another hour or so to decide!) I would appreciate any comments and opinions on these colors for a very small car. Which color is the most popular for a small sports car? Is black hard to see and so black cars get in more accidents? What do you think of the car in black considering the windshield surround is some sort of silver color?

black shows dirt way more, but red has never been my fav color

go with black on black, that looks hot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, sebgib! Currently the order is fro black body color with black cloth seats so I'm on your wavelength. Ordered cloth because i think it is more durable than leather should I get cought with the top down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Del Solstice said:
Thanks for your reply, sebgib! Currently the order is fro black body color with black cloth seats so I'm on your wavelength. Ordered cloth because i think it is more durable than leather should I get cought with the top down.

bah, im goin with the two tone leather seats, leather premium package, hey, if ima go, ima go all the way

good luck though I got my fingers crossed for all of us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
scratch evertyhing Deep with sand/steel! :cool: I think thats what Im going to get, waiting to see everything in person though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
DLD84 said:
scratch evertyhing Deep with sand/steel! :cool: I think thats what Im going to get, waiting to see everything in person though
the person I have waiting at the dealership said they have a setup showing all the optiions

the two tone is best
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Del Solstice said:
(And yes, I do have an ID number so I just have another hour or so to decide!)
It is hard not to see the pictures at the sites and not order black. It looks so good. Of course my brain may be partial as my last convertible was a black/black/black Pontiac Grand Ville. Was owned by a priest before me. The siren he had installed was lots of fun ;) .

And by the way. All that happens today (April 15th) is the position in line for a EOP first 1000 is granted. Or if not you can select to go on the wait list. If you get one of the first 1000, you will be "pending" until your eligibility is "verified" by progrm headquarters. For "verified" customer, the actual order doesn't have to been in until the 25th. So you can worry about the color selection for a whole 10 days more :willy: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
apparently we have our order in with all of the options that we want, they will call when they have the "good news"


but they didnt take the deposit, they said either way they will sell the car.

that has me worried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
sebgib said:
apparently we have our order in with all of the options that we want, they will call when they have the "good news"


but they didnt take the deposit, they said either way they will sell the car.

that has me worried.
I get the same thing. Whic suits me, if I get into grad school, I won't be able to afford it.

But it's nice to be in the running, and all you can hope for is that your Salesman is giving you his best effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
tjac003 said:
I get the same thing. Whic suits me, if I get into grad school, I won't be able to afford it.

But it's nice to be in the running, and all you can hope for is that your Salesman is giving you his best effort.


I was going to pay cash in full, but they seem to be opposed to that.

whatever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Why would they be opposed to a full cash payment?

Maybe for tax reasons, although many dealers have nifty ways of hiding it (for them and you). Or maybe they just want to make more money of the financing...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
481 Posts
DLD84......Deep with two-toned interior is what I ordered too......I like being a "little different" than the pack.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
For what its worth, my Solstice will be red when I decide to pull the trigger on one. I didn't try to get in on the EOP, as I want to be able to see and drive the final product first (I have seen it at auto shows). As for color, I just like bright, stand-out colors on cars. Red is one of those colors. I have an 88 Fiero that is bright red, and I love the color! If I am coming down the street (in my daily driver) it stands out the second I turn the corner! I can see it sitting there. Nothing against black cars because they look good too, but they just don't stand out like red,

Now if you have a lead foot, red may not be so good because it does stand out. On the down side, black is a pain in the rear to keep clean.. Its certainly s high mainetnance color. If you are willing to put up with constant washing, and frequent waxing, black is a great color. If not, red might be better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Color...Red or Black?

Del Solstice said:
I hate to be a wimp, but I am having a hard time deciding between ordering my Solstice in red or black. (And yes, I do have an ID number so I just have another hour or so to decide!) I would appreciate any comments and opinions on these colors for a very small car. Which color is the most popular for a small sports car? Is black hard to see and so black cars get in more accidents? What do you think of the car in black considering the windshield surround is some sort of silver color?
Well, I got a call that I was one of the "lucky-ones", but I haven't been called yet for the Id number.
Now, as far as the color goes! My first thought was Red w/black leather interior and of course with all the options! After seeing the black on the net I've changed my mind to Black, because of the black top, and the Two-tone interior! I think with either the top up or downthat will be the most "striking" combination...that's what I'm going to order if I get "the" call on Monday...Sure Hope so!
Ron Brandich--Ohio
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top