Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering after seeing the "30 Solstice @ Plant Picture" if anybody is seriously thinking of changing their color selection? Black & Red look real nice!!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Black and red look great but Blue will dominate :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always try to order the color selected by the manufacturer as their "highlighted" brochure color. Therefore, I ordered sly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Red & Black will look great, but the law of large numbers will carry the day and therefore Silver/Grey will be the choice of most buyers. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Black and red do look great but remember they are non-metalic colors and are harder to care for if yours is a daily driver.

Mine will stay black with sand/steel interior.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, after seeing the 3d views on Pontiac's website, I'm seriously thinking about changing to blue. I originally put down Cool Silver but I really like the way the blue looks. My Camaro is "midnight metallic blue" and I love that color but it is so hard to keep clean, that was my main reason for going with silver. The Solstice is paint code 25 and my Camaro is code 29, so should be pretty close in color. :willy: :willy: :willy: I guess I just actually need to be able to see a real one in silver to be able to make up my mind.

·
Registered
403 Posts
After much deliberation, and a few trips to the pub with my dealer, I decided on Mysterious (Black) . . . Red was my second choice and it looks great.

Mysterious/Ebony polished for me . . .

·
Registered
281 Posts
The last two cars I've bought have been black, and I picked black because they didn't have anything darker.

Okay, honestly? Today, I have to save that my favorite color combo for a sports car is yellow with black wheels. I bet the forced-induction Solstice will come with a new color, like, uh, duh, YELLOW. I hope I'm in a financial position to pick up a yellow Solstice someday.

So, you got that? I call dibs on the yellow Solstice with black wheels with a polished lip. ;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was set on silver but ordered sly because my wife liked it and i did too. The silver looks good and I feel better about the sly after seeing the pictures but the silver still looks good. I am staying with sly but wonder every day if I should change my order to silver. Can you tell I realy cant make up my mind?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
My order at the dealership currently sits with Deep since I can get the Steel/Tan interior. I want Envious with the two tone. Yes... i know, I know... it's *supposed* to be available. But, since the dealers can't build a car that way in Autobook, I'm with Deep right now. IF the two town shows up when orders can process, I'll go back with Envious... but I'm not waiting to see if it's not available on the first day.

·
5,600 Posts
Prior to seeing the new pics, I had wanted green, blue or red. No change. I STILL need to see them in person before deciding. There is no way that the colors taken by one camera and shown on a computer monitor represent reality. Like the black and tan interior shots, what you are seeing may be a trick of lighting or the inherent color/cast of the cameras.

No way I'll know the color I like best before I see them in person. It is still between blue, green and red. I just have a little more hope for red now.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
jimbo said:
Prior to seeing the new pics, I had wanted green, blue or red. No change. I STILL need to see them in person before deciding. There is no way that the colors taken by one camera and shown on a computer monitor represent reality. Like the black and tan interior shots, what you are seeing may be a trick of lighting or the inherent color/cast of the cameras.

No way I'll know the color I like best before I see them in person. It is still between blue, green and red. I just have a little more hope for red now.
I thought that it was determine that if you go to a Chevy dealer and look at either a Cobalt(red) or a Monte Carlo(red) this is the color that would be on the Solstice(red), or has something changed?. I thought it was the same for the Blue and Green, but in the case of these colors you have to look at other cars.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts