Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Saturn Sky. I have been hit three times now. The car is dark green with all green trim and black wheels. I'm guessing people don't see it because it's dark and small. Anyway it's going into the paint shop Monday. I have been wanted to paint it atomic orange from the z06. Now that I'm about to do it I'm second guessing myself. I want something brighter but not too austintatious.. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
406 Posts

quick google search found this... i think it looks okay at best, kinda still dark and idk it makes the sky look cheap IMO but anyway heres a look in to the future :cool:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Do it. Would look fine with some chrome wheels.
Don't blackout all the trim and... don't run with black wheels unless you want a Halloween car. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
And now that I think about it doesn't look cheap, I think it's just an out place color, maybe because we haven't seen it that much

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just talking to the paint shop. We are thinking sunset orange from the camero ss. It a shade darker than atomic orange

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
How about the Synergy Green?

or

Teal...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like my green car and wouldn't have it in a barbie color
Haha yeah I love the green too. I had it since 06 and it keeps getting hit in parking lots. I don't want it to look like a Barbie car either but I need something more noticeable.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
There are only 90 painted like our Hydro Blue. And it gets noticed! And only one without the stripes. Just a thought.

Host for the 2012 PNWR 4th Annual Regionals
July 19-22, 2012 Clarkston, WA
http://www.portlandroadsters.com/ind...id=71&Itemid=1

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had mine since 07 and never been hit (touch wood). Maybe the color isn't your problem.
Maybe they see black, because I can't go a week without at least one person pulling out in front of me, and it's usually more like two or there times a week, never had this happen in my TBSS. Same thing happens to my buddy and his Harley.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Maybe they see black, because I can't go a week without at least one person pulling out in front of me, and it's usually more like two or there times a week, never had this happen in my TBSS. Same thing happens to my buddy and his Harley.
Mine is green;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did a Matte lime Green vinyl wrap this year. Stock black under. The a piller matches the gloss black of the paint but is also a vinyl. You can see that with the unfinished mirrors and the piller beside it. Tear off later if you want a new colour and go with something else.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nightwing, do you track your car?

·
Registered
233 Posts
would like to know cost also if you would tell us

1 - 20 of 23 Posts