Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the Paint Color Code Label Is hiding?

I've looked a little with no luck. One of the touchup paint companys says to look on the spare tire cover!! :lol:

Thanks

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
AV8AV8tor said:
Does anyone know where the Paint Color Code Label Is hiding?

I've looked a little with no luck. One of the touchup paint companys says to look on the spare tire cover!! :lol:

Thanks
I have no idea on that, AV8AV8tor. But this seems like a good place to share this information from Page 5-76 of the Owner Manual:

"Some weather and atmospheric conditions can create a chemical fallout."

It goes on to describe the damage it does to the paintjob.

It then says: "Although no defect in the paint job causes this, GM will repair, at no charge to the owner, the surfaces of new vehicles damaged by this fallout condition within 12 months or 12,000 miles (20,000 km) of purchase, whichever occurs first."

This is pretty important to people up there suffering from acid rain. Might have some of that here in Houston too.

EDIT NOTE: I forgot to add what was on Page 7-5, VERY IMPORTANT:

The GM Mobility Reimbursement Program will reimburse the car owner up to $1,000 of the cost of adaptive equipment required for your vehicle, such as hand controls or a wheelchair/scooter lift. Gee, that lift would look great on MARiSOL.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It's inside the glove compartment. There's a label with your VIN number on it, your VOMS code, platform code (2MB67) and a bunch of 3-digit alphanumeric codes. The paint code is the second-to-last code in the bottom full row... at least that's where mine is. 25U is the code for deep. The color is called by different names on different cars. 25U is also called "dark blue metallic" on Chevy trucks and "ming blue" on Buick cars.

It seems that I've read somewhere on this forum that there's another code that's more specific.

Hope this puts you on the right track, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.