Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that Yatming is coming out with two 1/18 diecast models of the Solstice. One in metallic gray (I assume the color we constantly see on the pre-production cars) and one in dark green. Given that most diecast manufacturers use production colors on their street models, I have to assume that dark green will also be a first year color.

Still hoping that GM also includes dark blue and dark burgundy in the first year color palette.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks TCL. Did you have a link for the model? The more dark colors they offer the better :thumbs

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Merry Christmas to me.
Put a green one on pre-order.

Thanks for the tip and link

Merry Chrismas to you

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dark green, classic british roadster color :thumbs all we'd need it a tan top and we'd be styling :jester

·
Registered
667 Posts
What we need is a die cast that has a folding top so that we can see how it looks and how it works. :lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aawil said:
... Any word when they will actuallly be shipped?
The manufacturer ship dates are sometimes months after the models are made available for pre-order. I've had an Exoto model (a long nose D type Jag) on order since November 03. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see the Solstice model in the first quarter of 2005.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Along the color hint topic, don't forget the cut away image MCEB just posted from GM Media shows the Solstice in a red color too.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Another thread has a discussion of midnight blue which is nice too.

So to recap our potential colors...

Dark gray (show car)
Light gray (some posted a while back about this color, looks like silver)
Dark green (the diecast model company hint + eye witness sighting on C&G)
Midnight blue (C&G sighting near DE plant)
Black (I think there have also been sightings of black around DE and MI)
Candy Apple Red (the cut-away picture from GM is in red)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
Along the color hint topic, don't forget the cut away image MCEB just posted from GM Media shows the Solstice in a red color too.
Can't take credit, that was the Troy man with the GM media credentials.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Can't take credit, that was the Troy man with the GM media credentials.
ooops my bad, I don't know why I siad your name instead of Troy's.

The image Troy posted.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I sent an email to these guys a few weeks ago asking about what the colors were and when they would be available. At that point they still hadn't listed that one was grey and the other was green. The reply I received said that the models "will most likely not be released until 2006".

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Awesome find! :party

YatMing just recently released a Fiero 1:18 model which turned out very well. I was impressed with the quality of the piece! I cannot wait until the Solstice model is released!

Only one question, which Solstice will be first? The 1:18 model or the 1:1 full size car? :D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
mceb said:
dark green, classic british roadster color :thumbs all we'd need it a tan top and we'd be styling :jester

:agree WHOHOOOO!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts