Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order, spring delivery, for the Solstice painted the Envious 38 U deep, nearly British Racing Green, metallic Green color with the Sand, beige, interior leather color. Browsing through the Pontiac sites this weekend I found that only the dark interior was available with the green exterior. Went to my great dealer an hour ago and was informed that on last Friday he was informed by GM that the Sand interior was now available with both the green, Envious, and red, Agressive, colors so left the order as it was. My second chioce to insure the Sand interior would have been Sly.

Has anyone seen the Solstice in the Green, Envious, color and if so please tell me your impressions. Also does anyone have any photos of the Solstice in the Envious Green that would be willing to either post, link or e-mail me the photos.

My reason for ordering the Green with Sand interior is both my wife and I were very involved in sport cars in Europe some years ago and in competetive events including rallys. We always thought the Jag C and D types and the Aston Martins in British Racing green with beige interior were the most beautiful color combinations we ever saw. BTW. To us the Solstice reminds us of the C-type Jag. Any info anyone can povide will be very, very appricated. Thanks...Chuck

·
Registered
218 Posts
The "sand" interior is actually a 2 tone bluish gray called "steel" and the sand beige.

If you want to see the green color in person you can go to a dealer and look at an Envoy.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Envious was the only color with alot of mettalic fleck in it. I thought it looked much better in person than on a picture, or in the sales book. If you go to a GMC lot, look at the Emerald Jewel Metallic on an Envoy. as someone stated earlier.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Having owned a British Racing Green Triumph I would not say that this green does not compare well to the Solstice. I saw the green Solstice at a ride and drive in person. The BRG has more blue in it than the Solstice. The only color that did not appeal to me was the white. All other colors looked good.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I originally wanted the Envious with the two-toned interior but had to switch to Deep to get the two-tone. The Envious is a great color, I saw it in Detroit. Anyone whe gets it will not be sorry.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Green on this car looks really great! Much better in real life than in pictures. Of course all the colors look better in real life, but green really was nice looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts