Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windshield surround-what color is it and why isn't it the paint color? Does anyone know? I wonder if the silver color is shinny or has a buffed appearance? I have ordered the painted wheels because I thought it would match the area surrounding the windshield. Did I guess correctly or should I order the polished aluminum wheels instead?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chrome?

The trend seems to be chrome and or polished metal trim of some sort, my wifes T-bird is chrome and I believe the Crossfire is also, guess that way it goes with any color and adds alittle bling.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
From seeing it up close and personal, I can tell you that the windshield surround and trim behind the seats is silver painted (same color as "cool"). I haven't seen a Solstice with painted wheels yet (all 4 I've seen up close have had polished wheels), but it looked to be about the same color as the wheels on pretty much every GM car I've owned w/ painted rims.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is the windshield surrounding piece metal or painted plastic? If you want the windshield surround polished or painted, it would probably only be a coupla hundred dollars. Do it! Post pics. Be happy.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Silver colored windshield surround seem to be the style right now, new Miata NC has it (one of their models at least) and Crossfires I pass on way to work every morning also have it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool over Cool

I checked this out at the Denver car show several weeks ago and the car there was the "cool" silver and the windshield frame looked for all the world like the same "cool" silver. It looked painted, not buffed metal.

·
5,600 Posts
The Solstice at the San Francisco International Auto Show had a silver painted windshield frame. It was a very classy highlight when paired with the silver painted trim piece behind the cockpit. I would hate to see it on every car because such a detail would get old very fast from overuse. But as a trim highlight on this gorgeous sports car, I thought it worked much better than body color. I am glad the mirrors are body color, though. In my opinion, more classy than black or chrome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts