Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted last night by my salesman to tell me that my order was officially placed, picked up, ......whatever the buzz word is............
BUT- I wanted my car in the Green color (called Envious) and he tells me that this color is not available at this time and they have no idea when it will be, and that I could be waiting until next spring..............Supposedly it's the only color that hasn't been scheduled for production.... Has anyone else heard this????? Does anyone know why it hasn't been scheduled???? Is Pontiac going to change their minds and not offer the green color???? Please anyone with the "scoop" please give it to me..........I am so anxious to get this car- yet I feel like everytime I can really start to get excited- there is another set back........ Any information is appreciated- I rely heavily on this forum everyone seems to be genuinely interested in the truth and sharing it with others...............which is more than I can say for the customer service and marketing folks at Pontiac. I gotta have this car in GREEN......... :willy: :cuss: :brentil: :( HELP GUYS :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hum...news to me. Some dealer info tends to be bad...hope this guy is wrong.

·
5,641 Posts
Decormagic said:
Decor Magic
Envious, Black & Tan leather
I think what your salesperson was trying to say was:

Envious (green) is not available with the Steel & Sand Leather Interior. It has been this way since the ordering system started accepting Solstice orders in March. But plans are to make them available. It is expected that it will be available to order on/or around August 4th.

So if you order was "picked up" during the order cycle of June 23rd, they would be unable to change color to Envious (green).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Ahhh thank you SD for translating :thumbs:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. My order just got picked up this week. Does this mean that as of August 4th, they can actually place my order in the Green color? That's only a few weeks away- that I can live with. Next spring............ I don't know........

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
we have built green cars. No problems that i know of.
Have you had any Sols roll off the line yet? I mean, ones that are to goto people.

·
5,641 Posts
decormagic said:
My order just got picked up this week.
That, I haven't a clue what your dealer was trying to say. The last allocation was June 23rd-June 28th. There hasn't been one since, and the one that starts today dosen't include any Solstices.

decormagic said:
Does this mean that as of August 4th, they can actually place my order in the Green color?
Yes, that is the current plan. Subject to changes, of course.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
That, I haven't a clue what your dealer was trying to say. The last allocation was June 23rd-June 28th. There hasn't been one since, and the one that starts today dosen't include any Solstices.

I was under the impression that if an order is picked up it is then scheduled for production. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
we have built green cars. No problems that i know of.
What color seem to be running down the line the most? Just curious?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No Solstices???

Small Dealer said:
Excuse me, but why are no Solstices being picked up. Is it because they already have a month's worth of orders picked? Is it likely more will be picked next week?

I don't understand why with production started, that orders would not start being picked up on a weekly basis.

·
5,641 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I was under the impression that if an order is picked up it is then scheduled for production. Am I wrong?
The site has been using "picked up" to mean that the order has gone from the dealer order pool to GM (event codes 2000/accepted by GM & 2500/preferenced). Scheduling takes place later. So using that meaning, as I said, I was confused by what the first post's dealer was telling them.

·
5,641 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Excuse me, but why are no Solstices being picked up. Is it because they already have a month's worth of orders picked? Is it likely more will be picked next week?

I don't understand why with production started, that orders would not start being picked up on a weekly basis.
June 30-July 5 covered a holiday weekend. July 7-July 12 came during the GM Summer Shutdown. July 14-July 19 wasn't scheduled to include Solstices, dealers where informed of this in June. This weeks cycle, July 21-July 26, they must not have needed orders for.

The 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, Free Maintenance Sosltices, and Zero Zip Solstices will take them almost to the end of August. Then with the orders from the June 23rd cycle, they must have enough in the system. So I am not even sure there will be an allocation next week (July 28th).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, Small Dealer........does this mean that in the first 1,000, there isn't one Green (Envious) one being delivered, and all of those who wanted Green had to pick another color???????

I called Pontiac after reading some of the posts to my thread, to see if I could find out more than what my sales person told me, and they floated me from customer service to marketing, to product development, to production scheduling, and no one that I talked to knew anything about when they planned to start making the Solstice in Green. If they are going to eliminate Green as a color choice, they should just come out and say it. All of the websites say it is currently available in Green, and my dealer mentioned nothing about me wanting the leather interior with the green- that combination didn't seem to be an issue- just the exterior color...... Should I cancel my order and start looking for another car????? I really wanted a green solstice.... :willy: :brentil: :( :leaving:

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's Green w/the two-tone leather that is not available.
Green w/the ebony leather is available.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
mcbman said:
It's Green w/the two-tone leather that is not available.
Green w/the ebony leather is available.
:agree:

Green is still available, it's the 2 tone interior that had the constraint with green (the contraint is going away soon - what that SD was talking about).

decormagic, if you need that combo than wait until August to order.

In the mean time both green with ebony or green with cloth are available now :thumbs:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last night in Portland I was led to understand that when they begin production of the EOP cars they will be made in batches by color. So you might be at the front of your dealers list, but because your color is scheduled to run later you might get your car after someone who chose a color that is being produced before yours. That might be what your dealer meant, that they haven't scheduled a green batch with your car in it yet. Just a thought...

·
Registered
397 Posts
decormagic said:
...I wanted my car in the Green color (called Envious) and he tells me that this color is not available at this time and they have no idea when it will be, and that I could be waiting until next spring
Didn't I just see a thread regarding production and what colors were rolling off first? I seem to recall a long debate about batch prod. vs. random prod. Maybe this is what his salesman was referring to.

:leaving: Beaten to the punch again...thanks O A G ;) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Small Dealer- You're the man!!!!!!!!!!! I called my dealer back and asked him to try putting my order in with the ebony leather instead of the two-tone, and the system accepted my order. YIPPEE!!!! ;) :cool:

He says it will be a few weeks until it actually gets scheduled, so by then, August 4th will have come and gone and he can change the seats to the two toned leather that I really wanted, and my order won't be delayed in their queue, by holding off to actually send it in.

You were absolutely right, and my dealer says he's going to start looking at the forum for information, since he was so impressed with what I knew about things ..........more than they knew!!!!

Thanks to all the Forum members who responded to my thread with info....... I was losing hope about getting the car the way I wanted it.......... :grouphug: You guys are the best :cheers: :party:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts