Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my or in April (#1 allocation after EOP cars) and chose Pure. I have always liked the clean look of a white car (as long as it is clean) and figured there would be less of them compared to the other colors. Do you think I have a better chance of getting my car earlier than most because of this color choice. If GM builds a certain number of a color on a given day, and only 15 of the 1st 1000 (I made this number up) are Pure, would it stand to reason that I would get one sooner?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The first 350 are blue, black and green. I have not heard yet when any other colors are being built.
I am very surprise that GM went this way, that means that if you were looking for a low number VIN and your color is not any of the above you are out of luck.
The reason I am surprise is that in the past you have commented that the robots can paint different colors on the line, I think it would have been better to build them randomly or from a lottery pool, just my thoughts.

Thanks Gmlinedog for your inputs.

·
5,641 Posts
dferkler said:
I placed my or in April (#1 allocation after EOP cars) and chose Pure. I have always liked the clean look of a white car (as long as it is clean) and figured there would be less of them compared to the other colors. Do you think I have a better chance of getting my car earlier than most because of this color choice. If GM builds a certain number of a color on a given day, and only 15 of the 1st 1000 (I made this number up) are Pure, would it stand to reason that I would get one sooner?

They haven't built all the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices or the 165 or so Free Maintenance / Zero Zip cars. So it is a little early to speculate how they will built the regular allocation cars that have been picked up. And if you order hasn't been picked up yet, the color will not matter.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
The first 350 are blue, black and green. I have not heard yet when any other colors are being built.
GMLinedog,
Are these all of the blue, black, and green from the first 1000? (if you can answer) Just wondering because I'm a blue 1K and as of Tuesday 8/2, still at code 3100 with no TPW.

Thanks for any input.
MES

·
Registered
36 Posts
We order a Sly 1000 and it went into production on July 27th. So, maybe they aren't just building the darker colors first.

Also, is solstice1000.com working???

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I don't think the TPW is accurate in the system. Vaguely remember something about for first 1000 the "eveny codes" would be the only clue.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Small Dealer said:
They haven't built all the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices or the 165 or so Free Maintenance / Zero Zip cars.
Small Dealer, is this 165 for the Free Maintenance/Zero Zip cars based on info you received from GM? I'm a Zero Zipper and have been wondering how many cars are actually in these groups.

I've been tracking the First 1000 VIN progress, figuring my Zero Zip Solstice would be produced within a week or two after the First 1000. If the 165 number is correct, looks like my guess is right on the money. Ahhhh, feel the excitement build! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts